Housing Solutions is a not for profit Housing Association, rooted in the local community providing quality, affordable homes to rent and buy across the local area. Our mission is to make our residents proud of where they live and our colleagues proud of where they work. Our services are driven by our strategic goals of safe, satisfied and sustainable, underpinned by our company values of ownership, innovation, teamwork and inclusion.
Why Choose Us
We pride ourselves on putting our residents at the heart of everything we do. We are invested in our local community and can see the difference we make in the area we live and work. Our employees are passionate and driven to achieve the best results for our residents, and are rewarded for their hard work and commitment.
Our modern and fresh working space allows us to work collaboratively together. You will make connections across the whole team and be part of our inclusive and open culture. Achieving the best of both worlds we successfully combine remote working as well as meeting together weekly as a whole team once pandemic restrictions allow.
Our substantial benefits package includes company pension contributions of up to 14% and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, including generous annual leave and our ‘Healthy Lives, Healthy Minds’ programme.
Our commitment to Learning and Development can been seen across the organisation and aims to bring our future leaders to the fore, whilst helping our employees reach their career aspirations by offering a broad development fund and in house development programmes.
About The Role
We are looking for a Resident Liaison Officer to join our team on a 4 month, fixed term contact. In this role you will provide excellent front-line tenancy liaison and neighbourhood services to our customers, you will be getting to know our customers and building strong relationships across our customer base whilst supporting other officers in taking a robust approach to enforcing tenancy terms and conditions by making referrals to specialist officers where appropriate.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Deal with a range of tenancy issues including tenancy visits and tenancy renewals.
- Resolving minor complaints
- Supporting good neighbour relations,
- Sign-posting customers to appropriate officers for specific tasks
- Referring higher level problems on to appropriate specialist officers.
- Focussing on achieving high-levels of customer satisfaction
- Identify vulnerable and at-risk customers and make relevant safeguarding and other referrals as necessary.
- Report and raise responsive and planned repairs to homes, estates and surrounding areas as required to mitigate potential health and safety risks to customers, comply with statutory legislation and prevent complaints
You will be:
- Experienced in working in a front-line customer facing role in the community.
- Experienced in dealing with vulnerable customers and recognising when safeguarding and other protective measures are necessary.
- You will have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and you will care about the outcomes you produce for your customers.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment with sometimes complex problems that need solving within tight deadlines within a front-line customer facing role.
- You will be good at understanding people and will enjoy talking to and listening to customers.
- You will have experience in dealing with challenging and difficult behaviour with the ability to be assertive and comfortable having conversations about resolving disputes.
- You will be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing
The successful applicant will require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate which is considered satisfactory to Housing Solutions.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Jobs & Careers page of our website www.housingsolutions.co.uk
The closing date is 17 December 2021.
We reserve the right to shortlist and arrange interviews for potentially suitable candidates ahead of the scheduled close date, therefore we look forward to your application as soon as you are ready. Internal applications are welcome from employees who have passed their probation, are not currently being standard set for absence or performance or an on a disciplinary warning (unless able to demonstrate significant improvement over the last six months).
Have you considered if this might be a good secondment opportunity? If you might be interested, please contact Emily Orme to discuss possibilities.
For internal applications please apply through the intranet, under the HR section - internal vacancies.
We will not be accepting applications through recruitment agencies for this position.
Employee Benefit Highlights
Minimum 25 days per annum + bank holidays Buy/Sell holiday scheme Generous Pension Plan Life Assurance Physiotherapy Annual Health Events – flu jabs and health screening BUPA Membership with certain roles Learning & Development Funds Employee Recognition events and awards Modern offices and parking available
Full details here https://www.housingsolutions.co.uk/job-and-careers/company-benefits/