Housing Solutions is a not for profit Housing Association, rooted in the local community providing quality, affordable homes to rent and buy across the local area. Our mission is to make our residents proud of where they live and our colleagues proud of where they work. Our services are driven by our strategic goals of safe, satisfied and sustainable, underpinned by our company values of ownership, innovation, teamwork and inclusion.
Why Choose Us
We pride ourselves on putting our residents at the heart of everything we do. We are invested in our local community and can see the difference we make in the area we live and work. Our employees are passionate and driven to achieve the best results for our residents, and are rewarded for their hard work and commitment.
Our modern and fresh working space allows us to work collaboratively together. You will make connections across the whole team and be part of our inclusive and open culture. Achieving the best of both worlds we successfully combine remote working as well as meeting together weekly as a whole team once pandemic restrictions allow.
Our substantial benefits package includes company pension contributions of up to 14% and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, including generous annual leave and our ‘Healthy Lives, Healthy Minds’ programme.
Our commitment to Learning and Development can been seen across the organisation and aims to bring our future leaders to the fore, whilst helping our employees reach their career aspirations by offering a broad development fund and in house development programmes.
About The Role
Are you a Development Manager seeking a new challenge and opportunity to grow?
We are seeking a Development manager to join our existing Development team, working with the team and Head of Development to deliver and grow the pipeline of new homes. You will be delivering a range of new schemes, from land led, regeneration and S106 development projects, from acquisition / pre- planning to completion.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Project manage a portfolio of development schemes to ensure they are delivered within budget and timescales, and meet the organisations budgetary and lender covenant deadlines.
- Lead and manage planning, design and delivery and liaison with the local authority, parish council, councillors and key stakeholders regarding planning applications on new redevelopment schemes
- Responsible for the disposal of surplus properties and land as maybe required, ensuring all regulatory and funding requirements are met.
- Responsible for overseeing defects reporting on projects including the swift resolution and rectification of reported defects during the 12 months liability period.
- To ensure management information related to properties is provided to Asset Management, Neighbourhood and Finance teams at the point of handover.
You will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional certificates
- Experienced in housing association regulation and governance and knowledge of homes and communities.
- Experienced in negotiating with local authorities and developers.
- Have excellent project management skills.
- Have the ability to deal with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
- Have extensive knowledge of Homes England procedures
The successful applicant will require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate which is considered satisfactory to Housing Solutions.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Jobs & Careers page of our website www.housingsolutions.co.uk
We reserve the right to shortlist and arrange interviews for potentially suitable candidates ahead of the scheduled close date, therefore we look forward to your application as soon as you are ready.
We will not be accepting applications through recruitment agencies for this position.