HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a driver to join our team at your local depot.
What does the job involve?
As a Class 2 Driver you will provide a safe, compliant, reliable, effective delivery and collection service for HSS Hire, carrying out deliveries and collections to our internal and external customers in a professional manner.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Carry out deliveries and collections to our internal and external customers in a professional manner, representing the company at all times.
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Transport Manager
- Collect any money due on the delivery / collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day
- Embrace sales campaigns and generate leads for the sales team
As the face of the company you will represent the values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will hold a full, clean UK driving licence with experience in working in a fast paced commercial driving environment with experience of driving a commercial vehicle.
You will have a valid CPC licence and a Class 2 licence is essential.
As well as demonstrating an understanding of safe loading, manual handling, the towing process and transporting hazardous good, they will also hold exceptional communication and customer service skills.
What do you get back?
We try and make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here’s some of the benefits you have access when you join:
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% for friends and family
- Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
- Discount vouchers of your mobile, gym, car hire and high street products
- Buy up to five extra days of annual leave
- Long service rewards
As well as plenty of other flexible like childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, training and development programs, etc
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, in order to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience, across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of our culture.