HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Stock Controller to join our team at your local depot.
What does the job involve?
As a Stock Controller you will contribute to a safe, compliant, and reliable team by ensuring that stock held within the depot is organised and logged correctly. You will ensure all stock records are accurate and stock loses and errors are minimised.
You will prepare deliveries and collections of stock, and be responsible for 100% accuracy of picking and transferring of stock into the despatch bays for the Drivers collection. You will be work closely with the rest of the team at the depot, ensuring an organised and professional workplace, and putting the customer at the forefront of your work!
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Ensure adequate and accurate stock levels are maintained at all times, in accordance with company targets
- Ensure stock is correctly logged within the warehouse as available, check or maintenance
- Loading / Unloading vans, ensuring e-codes are correct and product quality is in line with company standards
- Liaise with the Stock Integrity Manager to highlight and investigate stock and e-code discrepancies
- Update the internal computerised system (Spanner) with stock transfers as required
As the face of the company you will represent the values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
You will promote teamwork between colleagues across all HSS locations and work closely with your colleagues to ensure the best level of service is provided to the business and our customers, and as well as being a key driver in being serious about safety by leading from the front.
You will be provided with full workwear and PPE, and provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, which will cover everything from health and safety to the ins and outs of your new role.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will ideally have stock control experience within a fast paced environment, and have strong communication skills. Preferably, you will have excellent computer and numerical skills, and ideally have experience using a stock control computer system.
As well as demonstrating an understanding of safe loading, manual handling, the towing process and transporting hazardous good, they will also hold exceptional communication and customer service skills.
What do you get back?
We try and make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here’s some of the benefits you have access when you join:
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% for friends and family
- Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
- Discount vouchers of your mobile, gym, car hire and high street products
- Buy up to five extra days of annual leave
- Long service rewards
As well as plenty of other flexible like childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, training and development programs, etc
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, in order to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience, across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of our culture.