HSS Hire is currently looking for a Credit Controller to join their Finance Shared Service department based in their Head Office in Old Trafford, Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in working in a fast paced extremely environment and is looking for a long term career within a finance department.
The main purpose of the role of a Credit Controller is to collect the outstanding debt from a range of hire customers that trade with HSS Hire. You will be allocated a region which you will be responsible to own and collect the outstanding debt. You will also deal with any associated queries and disputes raised through this process alongside working towards targets and deadlines in order to maximise cash collections.
- Contact customers by telephone, letter etc. regarding the collection of debt in accordance with the company policies and procedures
- Record all action taken on an account utilising the Debt Management system, following up calls and actions as agreed with the customer
- Work towards targets for cash collection to reduce outstanding debt exposure to the group
- Reconciliation of accounts to ensure statements produced are accurate and cash/credit notes are posted to invoices as per the customer's requirements. Work closely with cash allocations department
- Deal with financial queries and disputes relating to invoicing. This will involve speaking to HSS depots and working with depot staff in order to resolved queries in a timely manner
- Build strong relations with customers to ensure excellent customer service
- Ability to identify potential problem accounts, recommending accounts to be placed on stop or legal
- Represent the company and values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Ensure all locations are maintained to our 360? brand.
- Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front
- Personal Characteristics
You are flexible and hold a positive attitude to life and work, having the desire to develop your career and work hard to do so. Possessing some or all of the following characteristics is desirable:
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Experienced Credit Controller with a proven track record of collecting outstanding debt and working towards targets
- IT Literate, able to utilise various systems
- Problem Solving Ability
- Excellent customer service & telephone manner
- Good negotiator/communicator
- Knowledge of Open accounts & AS400 based systems
- Experience dealing with a wide range of customers from blue chip organisations to partnerships and sole traders
- Numerate and in the experience of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Displaying a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Excellent communication skills with both customers and colleagues
- Willingness to carry out additional tasks and duties to assist in the effective operation of the finance shared service department
What we can offer you!
- On the job training with experienced colleagues
- Working in a large finance shared service environment
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) with an opportunity to buy an extra five
- flexible working hours if required
- A company pension scheme
- Health care cashback scheme
- You will live within a comfortable commute of our Manchester Head Office in Old Trafford where you will be based.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues of all backgrounds, in order to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience, across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of our culture.