HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Fitter / Engineer to join our team at your local depot.
What does the job involve?
As a Fitter / Engineer you will service and repair our full range of hire equipment and tools; maintaining the quality, safety, reliability and availability of hire stock in a cost effective manner.
In this role you will take responsibility for the routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products, carrying out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary.
You will maintain and ensure maximum workshop productivity in line with company targets, complete statutory inspections when required while adhering to damage process, ensuring product damage is highlighted to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products including electrical testing where required
- Carry out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary
- Liaise with the Workshop Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost effective repairs
- Advise the Workshop Manager of repairs covered under warranty
- Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto the inhouse system (Spanner) and daily worksheets are populated
- Adhere to the damage process and ensure product damage is highlighted
- Ensure that all equipment is cleaned to the highest standard ready for hire
- Maintain and ensure maximum workshop productivity in line with company targets
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required, including assisting in other departments when necessary
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at work at all times
- Promote teamwork between colleagues across all HSS locations, to ensure delivery of an effective workshop performance
- Ensure the workshop is safe, tidy and organised at all times
You will be provided with full workwear and PPE, and provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, which will cover everything from health and safety to the ins and outs of your new role.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have experience in maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment, great communication skills and manual handling awareness skills. If you work in the Hire industry that’s great, if not that’s not a problem as long as you can demonstrate a sound understanding of the maintenance of the equipment we hire.
Experience working on power tools, diesel and 2/4-stroke petrol engines, powered access or generators is advantageous.
What do you get back?
We try and make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here’s some of the benefits you have access when you join:
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% for friends and family
- Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
- Discount vouchers of your mobile, gym, car hire and high street products
- Buy up to five extra days of annual leave
- Long service rewards
As well as plenty of other flexible like childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, training and development programs, etc
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity