What does the job involve?
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will ensure suppliers receive accurate and timely payments by ensuring invoices are authorised by way of a valid purchase order number or appropriate authorisation. Strictly ensuring overpayments to suppliers does not occur and any credit deductions applicable are deducted
Overall, your main duties will be to:
• Verify supplier invoices received within the department's scan & capture system, ensuring information is recorded accurately
• Matching and batching invoices in line with company tolerances
• Prepare regular supplier statement reconciliations, resolving any queries in a timely and professional manner
• Raising supplier Invoices and pricing queries with suppliers and group purchasing, one call division department.
• Prepare for weekly payment runs
• Posting payments, Direct Debits etc
• Working with a “take that call” culture
As a member of the HSS Hire Financial Shared services team, you will be flexible and hold a positive attitude to life and work, having a desire to develop your career and work hard to do so.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience in a fast-paced environment
• Numerate with experience of Microsoft Excel applications
• Ability to work within your own initiative
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Someone is professional and courteous at all times.
• Someone who has a willingness to carry out additional tasks and duties to assist the effective operation of the training department.
What do you get back?
We want to make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
• FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
• Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
• Discount vouchers for your mobile phone, gym membership, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping
• Long service rewards when you hit 5 years
As well as plenty of other flexible benefits like learning and development programmes.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of the workforce.