At HSS Hire we are recruiting for a Software Developer, to join our IT team on a remote basis. The HSS group is going through an exciting time of transition from largely physical locations and “hire shops” we move into a world of online and e-business. As Software developer you will be involved in this transformation.
As a Software Developer you will take responsibility for a variety of projects, including team projects working on existing application maintenance as well as many new portals / webservices to develop.
As part of a small team, you will get to take ownership exclusively of your projects and build up a portfolio of projects working across technologies from UI to back end and support then bringing them forward.
What do you get back?
In line with our culture and values we Make it safe, Make it happen, Make it better and Make it together. So we promise that your career with us will be rewarding. Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
- Competitive salary with access to our group pension plan
- Holiday allowance of 20 days increased to 25 days when you hit 5 years of service
- Holiday Buy scheme giving you the option to purchase up to 5 days (FTE) of annual leave
- Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365. In addition to this we also offer a Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
- Discounts and cashback on our perks site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your basic annual salary
- You will get the choice of other flexible benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want such as Critical Illness Cover, Cycle to Work and more
- We offer Financial Wellbeing support through Salary Finance
- Full work wear and PPE provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, covering everything from Health and Safety to the ins and outs of your role
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Develop new web-based portals to allow HSS users and Customers to access and update data on our back end systems.
- Add and update functionality to our existing web based portals and applications
- Create new webservice API’s to allow integration between 3rd party systems and HSS systems
- Create new automated Customer communications and interfaces.
- Manage issues and bug fixes to existing web based applications and services.
What do you bring?
The successful candidate will have experience of some or all of the below technologies:
- C# .net
- MVC framework
- HMTL, CSS, Bootstrap, Razor
- Telerik Kendo UI MVC
- Tools: Visual studio, Microsoft TFS and Azure devops version control and automated testing/release, Postman, Fidler
- Jira for Task/Project Management
- SOLID principles
At HSS Hire we make it easy for our customers to keep working as the UK’s original tool and equipment Hire Company and we make it easy and ensure you’re equipped to have a successful and fulfilling career.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.