At HSS Hire we are recruiting for an IT Project Manager, to join our IT team on an agile basis. The HSS group is going through an exciting time of transition from physical locations and “hire shops” we move into a world of online and e-business. As Project Manager you will be a key driver in this transformation.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for a variety of IT projects, including team projects working on application maintenance, new portals / webservices to develop amongst others.
As part of a small team, you will get to take ownership of your projects and report daily and weekly on the progress of each individual area in the project. Our reporting at is what really makes us stand out at HSS Hire, and we would love for you to be a part of the next phase in our digital transformation.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- You will be responsible for understanding, analysing, and documenting a range of requirements delivering system change to HSS Hire.
- Communicate effectively to the development teams to ensure we are delivering an outstanding product to our end users.
- Take ownership of projects and change requests.
- Understanding and interpreting complex business needs.
What do you bring?
You will manage dependencies, providing excellent management skills to coordinate all the different workstreams keeping the teams focused on the goal.
You will have experience of delivering project administration. Our preferred project tracking tool is Jira. You will lead the way by promoting good discipline and ensuring project visibility
You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
You will have the desire to problem solve and work through issues with the team to achieve effective and realistic conclusions to projects
You will establish milestones and have a significant role in the assignment of tasks and responsibilities.
What do you get back?
In line with our culture and values we Make it safe, make it happen, make it better and make it together. So, we promise that your career with us will be rewarding. Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
- Competitive salary with access to our group pension plan
- Holiday allowance of 25 days
- Holiday Buy scheme giving you the option to purchase up to 5 days (FTE) of annual leave
- Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365. In addition to this we also offer a Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
- Discounts and cashback on our perks site with a vast range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping, and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your basic annual salary
- You will get the choice of other flexible benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want such as Critical Illness Cover, Cycle to Work and more
We offer Financial Wellbeing support through Salary Finance
Full work wear and PPE provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, covering everything from Health and Safety to the ins and outs of your role
At HSS Hire we make it easy for our customers to keep working as the UK’s original tool and equipment Hire Company and we make it easy and ensure you are equipped to have a successful and fulfilling career. At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore, we are committed to attracting, recruiting, and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.