We have an exciting opportunity for a Merchant Manager to join our team in York. With a variety of products across all sectors to offer our customers, a forward-thinking culture, what better time to join a dynamic organisation striving for growth!
As a Merchant Manager you will take responsibility for:
· Growing our market share within a local region to the store
· Embracing all sales initiatives whilst delivering unrivalled customer service
· Strengthening existing relationships with our current customers, helping them to plan their future orders with us
What do you bring?
The successful candidate will have:
· A proven track records in a sales/retail orientated profession (A background in construction or tool/plant hire is not a necessity!)
· A sales focused mind set – striving to go above and beyond for our customers, having conversations in and around the store to drive sales
· A proactive nature – as you’ll be the representative for HSS on site you’ll be focused on hitting the store targets
· Great communication skills – you’ll have conversations with customers and potential customers in the merchants – so you’ll be outgoing and comfortable starting conversations
What do you get back?
In line with our culture and values we Make it safe, Make it happen, Make it better and Make it together. So we promise that your career with us will be rewarding. Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
· Competitive salary with access to our group pension plan
· Holiday allowance of 20 days increased to 25 days when you hit 5 years of service
· Holiday Buy scheme giving you the option to purchase up to 5 days (FTE) of annual leave
· FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
· Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes
o Mental Health First Aiders
o An Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365
o A Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
o Access for you and your family to our wellbeing platform which incudes benefits such as a 24/7 GP consultation service, get fit programmes including diet support with guidance from a nutritionist, life events counselling and much more.
· Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
· Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
· Discounts and cashback on our perks site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping and lots more
· Life assurance is provided at twice your basic annual salary
· You will get the choice of other flexible benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want such as Critical Illness Cover, Cycle to Work and more
· We offer Financial Wellbeing support through Salary Finance
· Full work wear and PPE provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, covering everything from Health and Safety to the ins and outs of your role
We are the market leader in equipment hire, providing tools, equipment and related services in our industry. We offer a one-stop shop for all equipment hire through a combination of services. We serve an extremely diversified customer base, predominantly in business-to-business, who operate a range of activities across multiple end markets, providing us with less exposure to highly cyclical sectors. Find out more at https://www.hsscareers.co.uk/what-we-do
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore, we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.