HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Engineer to join our team at your local ABird Power Solutions depot.
What does the job involve?
Working both in the field and at the depot, you will be required to carry out planned servicing, repairs, upgrades and breakdown response work at customer sites on generators from 20–1260kVA. The role will require you to work on an out of hours call rota.
Primary on Road Tasks:
- Maintenance on generators to include all relevant electrical and mechanical testing
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Installation & commissioning of temporary generators
- Load bank testing
- Control system wiring
- Site surveys to assist project sales
- Participation in the company on call rot
- Complete and submit accurate job reports in a timely manner
- Book stock items in and out of the depot accurately and in line with company policy
You will be provided with
- Full induction including product training
- Full work wear including all correct PPE
- Selection of job specific tools (however you will be expected to have your own tools
- Work tablet
- Van for work use
- Fuel Card
- Great OTE opportunities
- Served a recognised apprenticeship as a mechanical/electrical engineer
- Electrical engineering IEE regs - 18th Edition (beneficial)
- The ideal candidate will be an 3 years experienced generator field service engineer with past exposure to Iveco, Perkins, Cummins and similar brands
You will have:
- Strong knowledge of all electrical and mechanical aspects of generators
- First class customer facing skills and good communication skills
- Flexibility to meet requirements of service operations
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Can do attitude
A full driving licence is necessary for consideration for this role.
What do you get back?
We want to make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
- Monthly bonus scheme
- Extensive training in house and external
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
- Discount vouchers for your mobile phone, gym membership, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping
- Long service rewards when you hit 5 years
As well as plenty of other flexible benefits like learning and development programmes.
Who are HSS?
The short answer? We are a leading provider of tools, equipment, and support services to a huge range of industries across the UK and Ireland, all powered by the latest technology. We can supply over 9,000 bits of equipment, from industrial generators and cranes, right down to carpet cleaners and floor sanders, and everything in between.
And it does not stop there. We supply everything our customers need to get the most out of the equipment they hire from us, so whether that’s fuel, training courses for their colleagues, consumables like sandpaper, whatever they need to get the job done, we can provide it.
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore, we are committed to attracting, recruiting, and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.