HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Driver to join our team at your local depot.
What does the job involve?
As a Driver you will provide a safe, compliant, reliable, effective delivery and collection service for HSS Hire, carrying out deliveries and collections to our internal and external customers in a professional manner. You will be keeping an accurate record of deliveries and collections using your company issued mobile phone and new delivery app.
Whilst being safe and responsible and adhering to the traffic laws and Highway Code at all times, you will also demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day whilst also maintaining product knowledge.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Customer service! Although we have dedicated customer advisors within HSS, a lot of our customers only ever see our drivers as the face of the company! It’s really important you embrace this in your role, and are always seen to be going above and beyond for them.
- You will carry out multi-drop deliveries and collections to our internal and external customers in a professional manner, representing the company at all times, whether you’re on the road, or with a customer.
- You will carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Transport Manager.
As the face of the company you will represent the values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
You will be provided with full workwear and PPE, and provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, which will cover everything from health and safety to the ins and outs of your new role.
Who are we looking for:
- You must have a full, clean UK driving licence
- You’ll also need experience in working in a fast paced environment with experience of driving a commercial vehicle.
What do you get back:
In line with our culture and values we Make it safe, Make it happen, Make it better and Make it together. So we promise that your career with us will be rewarding. Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
- Competitive salary with access to our group pension plan
- Holiday allowance of 20 days increased to 25 days when you hit 5 years of service
- Holiday Buy scheme giving you the option to purchase up to 5 days (FTE) of annual leave
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Full work wear and PPE provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, covering everything from Health and Safety to the ins and outs of your role
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
- Wellbeing and Healthcare support– you are the heart of our business, and we are committed to making sure you stay happy and healthy at work and at home. Our support includes:
- Mental Health First Aiders
- An Employee Assistance Programme which is free support 24/365
- A Healthcare Cashplan which means you can claim cashback on lots of different healthcare costs including prescription charges, dental check-ups, glasses, physiotherapy and even a massage!
- Access for you and your family to our wellbeing platform which incudes benefits such as a 24/7 GP consultation service, get fit programmes including diet support with guidance from a nutritionist, life events counselling and much more.
- Discounts and cashback on our benefits site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your annual salary
- You will get the choice of other benefits that work for you through our Benefits portal – you pick the benefits you want – such as holiday buy and cycle to work schemes
We are the market leader in equipment hire, providing tools, equipment and related services in our industry. We offer a one-stop shop for all equipment hire through a combination of services. We serve an extremely diversified customer base, in business-to-business, who operate a range of activities across multiple end markets, providing us with less exposure to highly cyclical sectors. Find out more at https://www.hsscareers.co.uk/what-we-do
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. Therefore we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.