About the role
We are looking for a professional and approachable Teacher of Geography to join the supportive team at Castle Rushen High School.
You will join an innovative Department, recently awarded a Certificate of Excellence by the Geographical Association. Castle Rushen High School provides a friendly, supportive environment for staff and students alike. Our watchwords are 'Opportunity, Care and Quality'. Teachers are encouraged to take advantage of further training to enhance their professional practice and develop their careers.
You will be responsible for:
- Teaching Geography across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 alongside helping to organise and run fieldwork.
- Participating in the pastoral life of the school, by taking responsibility for a tutor group.
- To plan, implement and deliver and assess a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum for students in Geography across the age and ability range
- To monitor and support the progress of students, short and long term, in Geography
- To deliver all lessons incorporating elements of good teaching practice; engaging the students, challenging students to do their best, providing useful feedback and encouraging students to be autonomous
- To contribute to the curriculum development of Geography at Castle Rushen high School
More details of the duties of the post can be obtained from Miss E Metcalfe on 01624 693500, Head of Geography.
Please note a police check is required for this post.
Interview expenses and a relocation package based on receipts is available for this role.
How to apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment and Employment Changes Team on 01624 686300 or by email at email@example.com
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.