Would you love the opportunity to make a difference in your community?
Home Care is a valuable service delivering care to the elderly island wide, supporting them to maintain their independence in their own home. We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and deliver a quality supportive and caring service on a part time basis.
Please note due to the requirements of the role, this position is for female applicants only.
About the role
We, in the Community Care Division, are committed to developing bespoke support packages which meet the needs of individual service users. We understand the importance of communication, respect and innovation, in providing care and support to service users, to enable them to achieve the maximum possible level of independence, ensuring a good quality of life.
In this role you will contribute to this commitment by supporting service users with a variety of complex needs, enabling them to live independently for longer. You will work within the Department’s Older Persons Service, delivering excellent quality care and support for Isle of Man residents.
As a Home Care Assistant, some of your duties would include:
- Ensuring the wellbeing and personal care needs of the individuals are met. Such tasks could include, but are not limited to, personal hygiene, food preparation, etc
- Providing assistance with other tasks of daily living; this may include some cleaning, shopping, collection of pensions and paying bills
- Providing support to Service Users with varying complexity of needs, whilst also encouraging them towards a degree of independence and activity appropriate to their abilities
- Working alongside other professionals, promoting independent living skills to enhance Service Users communication and quality of life
The vacancies at present are for Part Time Home Care Assistants in the Northern, Eastern and Southern areas. You will be part of a friendly and supportive team; however you will be required to work on your own under the direction of a senior staff member.
Whilst we will endeavour to allocate work with minimal travelling time, we cannot guarantee this as we need to respond to service needs, which may require Home care Assistants to travel to work across the island.
This attractive package will include paid travel time during the working day, pension, competitive annual leave entitlement, fuel allowance between visits and weekend/bank holiday enhancements with a guaranteed minimum 15.2 hours a week. Due to the demands of the service, carer’s hours are often higher than this.
A full induction programme and training and opportunities will be offered to the successful candidates.
More details of the duties of the post can be obtained from Rosalind Lane, Service Manager on Tel No 01624 686188.
A driving licence and use of a vehicle for work is essential for this post.
A uniform, protective wear, first aid kit and mobile phone will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please note a police check will also be required for this post.
A relocation package and interview expenses are not available for this role.
We are looking for people who share our values which are:
- Commitment: We will work together to achieve quality outcomes by providing person centred care and support
- Caring: We will treat everyone with empathy dignity and respect
- Integrity: We will communicate openly, honestly and effectively with you and each other
- Accountability: We will behave with Professionalism and ensure we have the skill and knowledge to support you
In the Isle of Man Public Service we believe the benefits we offer our employees are important; from financial benefits to your Wellbeing and Development, we have a lot to offer.
We have created a downloadable document, Our Benefits - A Quick Guide; have a read to see what benefits you could enjoy whilst working for us.
How to Apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team on 01624 686300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.
Find out more about where a career in the Isle of Man Public Service could take you at hr.gov.im/careers.