Reporting to the Head of Solution Architecture, the Solution Architect will be responsible for the development of quality Solution Architectures and cross system designs for N Brown programmes and projects based upon agreed architectural and IT principles and standards.
Acting as a subject matter expert for architectural decisions, you’ll ensure compliance with agreed methodologies, phase deliverables and standards. Contributing to the wider N Brown Enterprise Architecture, you’ll ensure architectural artefacts are developed in collaboration with the business, project teams and the wider IT department, plus partners and suppliers; and will manage these various parties to create the required deliverables.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- High level solution design, strategy and governance of the end to end solution architecture
- Supporting the Enterprise Architecture definition and maintenance of the architecture roadmap, providing valuable input into N Brown strategy
- Provision of estimates and timings to Programme and Project Managers for the creation and support of architectural artefacts
- Development of solutions and architectural artefacts to programmes and projects based on agreed scope and plans
- Ongoing contribution to the review and continuous improvement of the enterprise architecture and architecture standards
- Managing contribution to the development of standards and patterns for the implementation of applications based on a Service Orientated Architecture
- Continually monitoring and keeping abreast of industry best practice, standards and methods with regard to N Brown’s current and potential future architectures
- Building and developing mutually respectful, positive relationships with business and IT colleagues, partners and suppliers
- Providing new ideas and different approaches to the Chief Technology Officer and enterprise architecture team
What you’ll need to succeed:
We are looking for an experienced Integration Architect to operate at a solution architecture level, and lead a number of new initiatives at N Brown.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of:
- Developing integration patterns and standards based on industry best practice eg. SOA.
- Integration technologies and standards including – XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, MQ, JMS, SFTP
- Delivering high level designs using industry standard notation (eg. UML process flow/sequence diagrams) to articulate complex orchestration tasks to technical delivery teams
- A pragmatic approach with the ability to use your experience to understand what works and what doesn’t, to strive to reduce complexity and improve supportability
- Ability to apply emerging technologies to reduce cost to serve and maximise speed to market
- Leading teams of Technical Architects to deliver and govern the technical design
- Communicating complex technical problems and solutions to less technically versant decision makers
- Working effectively with 3rd party and offshore development teams
- Planning the deployment and service management – eg. Release Management, Deployment, Continuous Integration (CI), service monitoring and alerting
- Delivering designs capable of meeting stringent non-functional requirements relating to performance, security and scalability
- Naturally resilient, tenacious and results driven with excellent communication and influencing skills
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary as well as an enhanced benefits package including car allowance, market leading pension scheme, private healthcare and an incredible colleague discount.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.