We’re looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Group Financial Accountant to join us for a period of up to 12 months. Key areas of focus will include supporting the Group Finance team in a number of reporting activities such as national statistics returns and detailed debtor reconciliation work whilst also supporting on a number of on-going projects in our International, UK Marketplace and our “Fit for the Future” business transformation areas.
Group Financial Accountant will focus on supporting the Finance team in a number of detailed investigative activities such as bank and cash suspense reconciliations and reporting activities such as national statistics returns whilst also supporting on a number of on-going projects in our International, UK Marketplace and Fit for the Future areas. The role will provide ad hoc proactive analysis which is required to support decision-making and monitoring of financial performance.
The role is required for up to 12 months to free up resource on additional projects as a result of secondment activity.
What will my day ad Group Financial Accountant look like?
- Bank Reconciliations
- Cash Suspense Reconciliations
- National Statistics Returns
- F4F project handover over of debtor / cash suspense reconciliation work to BAU
- Additional work on ADS reconciliation
- Need to take USA learning’s and apply to core business reconciliations on new systems prior to launch in New Year
- Soon to launch trade through Amazon and eBay
- Will require similar reconciliation work to ADS (i.e. we will receive payments net of charges etc.)
- Invoices to be raised and small AP ledger to be maintained
- Various portals to interrogate to get figures
- Increased work while mapping BAU and unravelling all existing processes
- Time needed to train on new systems
- Increased work load on BAU team during testing pre-launch of UK1
- After launch will have double current reconciliation work as will be running 2 systems in parallel (esp with bank and receipts but also with sales control and debtors)
Is this for me?
We’re looking for a Finance professional with experience in a busy environment. You’ll need to be fully or part qualified (with considerable experience) ACA, ACCA, or CIMA. As an accountant You should be comfortable with detailed reconciliation work, preferably in cash management and accounts receivable ledger.
You should be naturally analytical with strong MS Excel skills. Experience with Oracle Fusion Financial systems is highly desirable as would be experience in data interrogation software such as Teradata.
You’ll need exceptional communication skills enabling you to build relationships with colleagues in the Finance team and the wider business. You should be self-motivated, methodical and highly organised with a customer focused approach. This is a busy and varied role so you’ll need to be highly organised with excellent time management skills along with a drive to delivering first class service.
In return, you’ll receive great training, varied and interesting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams