Come and join our Digital Open Evening 27th of June 2017 and hear more about the role and how you can get involved. Simply apply NOW or email email@example.com!
In order to support our development in the digital market an excellent opportunity has been created for an experienced Web Administrator in our Digital Service Team at the Head Office in Manchester.
In this role you will provide second line technical support for our websites across the full stack, from Java application through to the O/S. This involves the configuration, management, monitoring and support of Hybris, Web Servers, Application Servers and any other systems that are included within the N Brown digital solution.
What you’ll be responsible for:
1. To investigate, identify and implement performance tuning of the application servers/apache/O/S for the web solution in conjunction with Architecture.
2. To develop an understanding of the web application to assist in the investigation, identification and implementation of solutions for incidents for the N Brown web solution.
4. To assist in the configuration, management and monitoring of the Virtual Machines or Operating System that support the above systems
5. The management, monitoring and configuration of all of the above down to and including Operating System and on occasion it may include extending the capability down to Virtual Machine and Hypervisor, as well as orchestration, automation, build and setting up of virtual networks.
6. Training and ongoing support of junior team members.
7. Support of web related interfaces and caching
8. Assistance and support for capacity management planning of the associated environments
9. Liaison and coordination with our IT suppliers, contractors and other IT and business teams.
10. Included within the scope are associated web technologies such as CDN’s and other services that comprise the delivered service.
11. To work seamlessly alongside Development in a DevOps / Continuous Integration environment to ensure maximum flexibility and responsiveness to business needs, while balanced with operational performance and stability.
What you’ll need to succeed:
We are looking for dynamic and creative individuals who see technology as their true passion and are happy to constantly pick up new knowledge and understanding to help out wherever they can. This is a fast paced support environment where you will be required to support the existing websites while also helping with our exciting transition onto a new Hybris platform.
You will be an excellent communicator with ability to translate complex technology solutions to wider business and colleagues working with a variety of teams. It is important that you are comfortable working under pressure where no 2 days are the same
Ideal candidates will have a good technical understanding of web related technologies including Tomcat/Websphere/Linux/Oracle DB/DB2, with experience in technical web administration. Day to day we work closely with the developers to help solve problems with the websites so a high level knowledge of Java is useful.
We also work closely with the project teams assisting in deploying Java code releases into the environments and investigating issues found from testing.
You will be commercially aware and have 5+ years of infrastructure administration experience.
Experience in configuration management tools e.g Puppet and monitoring tools e.g. Wiley is also desirable.