Our Ecommerce Customer Experience team provide the crucial link between our Marketing and IT functions and implement projects resulting in tangible improvements across web development and production support through strategic development of the E-Business systems.
Our team are responsible for identifying potential development changes that will bring increased revenue generation, cost savings or service improvement using a variety of methods including online best practice, web analytics, customer research and rigorous testing.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Identify potential development changes including mobile applications that will bring increased revenue generation, cost-savings or service improvement using: -
- Online / mobile best practice
- Web analytics
- Customer research / testing
- Changes to other business areas
- Investigate and advise on the feasibility and benefit case of potential large-scale changes.
- Investigate and develop solutions to R&D opportunities.
- Investigate and lead projects.
- Document and prioritize business requirements in an agile backlog performing the role of a product owner
- Ensure solutions meet functional, non-functional and financial requirements.
- Ensure the smooth integration of all changes into the business.
- Implement and improve processes and monitoring systems throughout the development process to ensure quality.
- Create UAT scripts, source test data and perform UAT
- Lead workshops with key business stakeholders and senior managers to drive out business requirements
- Work closely with the wider business key stakeholders in driving out business requirements and benefit cases
What you’ll need to succeed:
We’re looking for someone with a balance of commercial awareness and technical understanding. Ideally you’ll have a degree level qualification or equivalent, in a business or technical discipline. Broad experience in an ecommerce or digital environment with exposure to agile is essential. You’ll need to have plenty of experience of working with both technical and marketing teams, ascertaining requirements and developing specifications to progress the environment.
You’ll need in depth understanding of customer journey and user experience including website functionality along with excellent project management skills and exposure to agile methodologies. A good understanding of online compliance is desirable.
You’ll need strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business. You’ll also need to be able to manage a varied workload and conflicting deadlines. Our environment is changing at pace so a positive and flexible approach is essential.
In addition, to working within a supportive team culture with a competitive salary you’ll also enjoy:
- 24 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) or equivalent to contracted hours.
- Generous Staff Discount – on all our ranges including fashion, furniture, electrical appliances, toys and much more.
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today with your current CV.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.