At N Brown Group, our Buyers are our product champions. They are responsible for sourcing, developing trend-led and creative fashion ranges that make our customer look and feel fantastic.
Our people are passionate about customer service and proud to work for a business where the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Our people are enriched with data and powered by the latest technology to drive our business forward. As we continue to invest in our goal of becoming a leading digital retailer there’s never been a better time to join us!
The Junior Buyer works closely with Senior Buyer/Buyer to plan, source and select a commercial and exciting product ranges for our customers. With a great knowledge of multi-channel trading, the Junior Buyer will understand the needs of our customer, and develop a range which observes company budgets and margin requirements, whilst consistently meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Our business is fast-paced and no two days are the same. A genuine passion for fashion, particularly in Jewellery and Watches, along with determination and relentless enthusiasm will allow the successful Junior Buyer to truly excel and succeed within this role.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Junior Buyer:
- Taking ownership for sourcing, developing and selecting a commercial range.
- Full range-planning process, development phases, sign-off and trading.
- Deputising for the Buyer/Senior Buyer where needed.
- Assisting the Buyer/Senior Buyer in additional product selection/development meeting with suppliers.
- Preparing and analysing sales information for planning, trade and selection meetings.
- Maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Mentoring and training junior members of the team.
- Working closely with Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Design & Product Coordination teams to manage set up and administration of all products and promotions.
- Competitor and market insight and analysis particularly within Jewellery and Watches and an insight into the Beauty Market would be advantageous.
- Managing an experienced Assistant Buyer
What you will need to succeed as a Junior Buyer:
- Previous experience working at Junior Buyer or experienced Assistant Buyer level.
- Jewellery and Watch buying experience is essential.
- Experience managing your own range.
- Passion for Jewellery and Watches and experience of multi-channel retailing would be highly advantageous.
- Experience with Social Media
- Strong commercial skills and an eye for colour and product.
- Strong numerical skills and good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and determination. This role is fast-paced and the Junior Buyer must be able to demonstrate initiative and the desire to succeed.
- Ability to lead and mentoring junior members of the team.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training as well exciting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our people are energetic, enthusiastic and proud to work for a company that is committed to making the customer look and feel amazing. If you are able to demonstrate these qualities and the have the desired experience, why not apply today and be part of our fashion future.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams