Fantastic opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Digital Delivery team at our head office in the trendy Northern Quarter, Manchester! N Brown IT teams are delivering our digital transformation and you will be developing standards for both inhouse and offshore teams. We are looking for innovative, problem solvers with a strong process orientated mind set to continue to develop our software engineering capabilities.
If you are bored, underappreciated and unchallenged in your current role and have passion for technology innovation, creative solutions whilst enjoying fast pace and ever-changing environment then we want to hear from you!
Main responsibilities of Lead Software Engineer :
- You will technically lead the specialised onshore/offshore engineering team who create strategic and production ready digital solutions for N Brown ensuring the agile teams deliver solutions that meet the defined outcomes.
- You will work with the architecture team to design architectures which allow rapid iterations to support our agile development process
- You will have strong solid engineering practices that you will share with the larger development community. This will include a strong understanding of core java principles, multiple development frameworks, full stack development (HTML, JS, CSS, Java), branching and merging strategies.
- You will produce, build and configure artefacts that will lead to engineering standards.
- You will ensure engineering activities conform to standards and policies.
- You will work closely with the product owners and UX to create user-centred products.
- You will contribute to the agile process, ensuring that there is a shared vision for the teams, that tasks are well defined and actionable, and that everyone knows what they're working on.
What do you need for succeed as Lead Software Engineer :
This is a lead role in the team and therefore we are looking for driven Software Engineers ready to take on extra responsibility or existing Lead Software Engineers hungry for a new challenge.
You will be able to demonstrate in-depth technical understanding or have experience of IT development as you will be influencing and leading the technical development of our digital platform in partnership with our key suppliers.
Previous experience in architecting and driving technical implementations of high availability, low latency, high traffic volume enterprise grade real time platforms in fast paced environments.
Quality is important to you. You will support a culture of pair programming, test driven development, DevOps, code reviews and constant communication to ensure the best outcome.