Whilst the world, in particular technology, has changed beyond all recognition since N Brown started trading over 150 years ago, what has kept us relevant and positioned us as #2 on Prolific North’s Top 100 e-Commerce companies, is our ability to reinvent and transform ourselves, adapting and predicting our customers preferences and evolving the vibrant and dynamic people first culture we have today. Our vision is simple – to become the globally loved experts in fashion that fits, helping customers look and feel amazing! – Something that is synonymous with our brands, JD Williams, Jacamo and Simply Be.
With retail continuing to be one of the most disrupted industries through the rise of mobile devices, IoT and changing shopping habits, where better to expand your career and test your innovation than as part of a company that has a proven heritage of transformation spanning across three different centuries!
Achieving change is never easy and we are looking to hire IT Project Managers to help us deliver against the ambitions goals we are setting ourselves. It is more than delivering on time and within budget; it’s about meeting the everchanging expectations of our customers – both today and in the future… Oh and all whilst laying the right foundations for whatever the next big thing may be….
Working across the traditional boundaries of Business and IT you will be asked to lead ‘Discovery’ work to build, validate and challenge business cases; shaping experiments, proof of concepts and minimum viable products to justify further investment and refine plans and cost estimates. From there, you will be accountable for mobilising, motivating and establishing teams across multiple suppliers, partners and our own internal development capability to deliver solutions in an agile way.
Of course, the role of Project Manager requires the traditional discipline of managing plans, costs, risks, issues and changes throughout a project’s lifecycle, but it also requires you to have the flexibility to adapt to using the best tools and techniques available based on the most appropriate delivery methodology; whether that be traditional delivery, Scrum, Kanban or some sort of mix of them all. As with any digital organisation our environment is fast paced so expect to be ready to manage changing priorities as well as keeping a tight control over stakeholder expectations!
There has never been a better time to join our Digital IT organisation; the technical landscape at N Brown is changing at pace with a vast, exciting portfolio of changes we’re keen to shape and deliver – and we need people like you to make it all happen!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Taking ownership over all aspects of a project from the design stage through to completion and handover in to service, writing and logging all project documentation
- Keeping all relevant stakeholders aware of the progress of projects and any major obstacles
- Agreeing project objectives and scope and communicating with stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of projects
- Managing project personnel to achieve desired objectives and ensuring that all relevant processes are followed
- Regularly reviewing and analysing the project scope, ensuring potential risks and issues are resolved
- Driving cross-functional project teams and negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors where applicable
- Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met at every opportunity
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Comprehensive experience of driving and managing large and small-scale projects in an IT team, ideally within an ecommerce business.
- PRINCE2 or Scrum certification (or equivalent)
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Extensive knowledge and awareness of Project Management principles, documents and plans along with strong facilitation and analytical skills.
- Confident user of Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Ability to deliver results on time and on budget
- Strong stakeholder management and project reporting skills are essential.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels and display tenacity to achieve objective. Confident to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work on different projects and to get experience in a various technologies and teams.
- Fun, proactive, innovative working environment full of talented people at the heart of Manchester City Centre