As an Assistant Buyer on our small appliance and electrical department you’ll work closely with the Buyer to provide support for the team. You should be comfortable with administration, be highly organised and able to analyse and interpret sales data, and have an interest in the latest technology.
This is a part time (2 days per week) role so you’ll work along side another part time Assistant so being able to display strong communication and organisiation is essential!
Our business is fast-paced and no two days are the same. A genuine passion for technology, along with determination and relentless enthusiasm will allow the successful candidate to truly excel and develop within this role.
What you’ll be responsible for as an Assistant Buyer:
- Assisting the Buyer in sourcing, developing and selecting multiple product ranges.
- Contribute to planning, trade and sales meetings with the ability to analyse information.
- Taking ownership of the critical path and providing updates against schedules.
- Managing and organising the sample library.
- Assisting the Buyer / Senior Buyer in supplier meetings.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Creating and updating all product information and attributes.
- Accurately inputting all new product information and maintaining the product file.
- Preparing product and studio information. Collating samples and ensuring that they are photographed and accurately labelled in accordance with schedule
- Working closely with Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Design & Product Coordination teams to manage set up and administration of all products and promotions
- Competitor and general market insight.
What you will need to succeed as an Assistant Buyer:
Ideally, you’ll have work experience as a Buying Admin Assistant or Buying Assistant or experience of working as an administrator within a retail environment. You’ll need to have a good knowledge of competitor retailers and overall insight into the retail market is essential.
You’ll need to be numerate and analytical as a key part of this role involves administration, analysis and interpretation of sales data. You’ll also need excellent communication skills to collate and present findings and recommendations as well as building effective relationships with colleagues and external suppliers. This role is fast-paced and you must be able to demonstrate flexibility, positivity, enthusiasm, determination, initiative and the desire to succeed.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams