N Brown Group have been trading in the heart of Manchester for over 150 years. Our vision is to become the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of brands.
Our global supply chain and fulfilment operations include our Logistics Centres in Shaw, Oldham and Hadfield, near Glossop. We employ around 1,000 people and store more than 1.5 million sq. ft. of stock, and that is growing as our product portfolio increases.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, professional, organised individual with some experience of either leading, supervising or developing people to develop their leadership skills on our exciting new fast track Supply Chain Leadership Apprenticeship. Through the apprenticeship you will embark on a four year leadership development journey, launching from novice Team Leader to an expert Logistics Leader whilst also studying and earning your BA in Business Management with Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU).
As Supply Chain Leadership Apprentice you will get the opportunity to work in all areas of our Logistics Centre in Shaw supporting the delivery of Logistics Operational objectives and strategy and identify new improvement initiatives. You will provide an excellent customer experience for all internal and external customers within agreed objectives and SLA’s and drive change through a continuous improvement culture,
What you will need to succeed:
- Forward Thinking - Take personal ownership for effectively analysing problems and creating solutions with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Teamwork - Develop and maintain sound working relationships between all departments to maximise the service we provide our customers
- Communication - Demonstrate high standards of verbal and written communication
- People Development – Previous management/supervisory experience is desirable as you will be tasked in ensuring colleagues are trained and developed effectively.
Candidates for the Degree Apprenticeship should have a minimum of 104-112 points at A2 (Grades BCC) or an equivalent e.g. BTEC DMM. You will also require Maths and English Language GCSE grade A*-C. We will individually evaluate candidates who do not meet these requirements, but have workplace experience.
In addition, to working within a supportive team culture with a competitive salary you’ll also enjoy:
- 24 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) or equivalent to contracted hours.
- Generous Staff Discount – on all our ranges including fashion, furniture, electrical appliances, toys and much more.
- Uniform allowance
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group / JD Williams