We have an opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary to join our Legal Services team providing support to the Company Secretary in carrying out the broad range of company secretarial, insurance and share scheme responsibilities typical of a FTSE 250 listed PLC. This is a fantastic opportunity for a suitably experienced and driven individual to gain exposure to a rapidly changing listed retail business.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Advising on, and undertaking execution of, documents and filings at Companies House
- Day to day support to ensure statutory compliance and compliance with the Corporate Governance framework
- Providing support in relation to a range of share schemes and incentives
- Diligent preparation of Board packs and minutes for Boards and committees of the Board
- Proactive management and administration of the Group’s Insurance portfolio
- Delivery of support and advice to stakeholders and shareholders in relation to Companies Act aspects of corporate projects as required
- Support in delivery of query resolution, training and providing guidance to executive and non-executive directors
- Support in delivery of the Annual report
What you’ll need to succeed:
We’re looking for a knowledgeable Assistant or Deputy Company Secretary with broad experience of offering company secretarial support to a listed business, ideally in a regulated environment. You should be educated to degree level, or equivalent and either be part or fully ICSA qualified.
You should be engaged and adaptable with the ability to quickly understand the legal and regulatory landscape of N Brown. Technical knowledge and experience of employee incentive schemes is a key tenet of this role, as is familiarity with the mechanics of a large and complex company.
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate confident influencing skills, and you should be comfortable with providing expert advice to a range of stakeholders including shareholders, directors and colleagues.
You should be team oriented, self-motivated and confident with a pragmatic and business focused approach along with the appetite to learn and develop your knowledge. You’ll also need excellent time management skills to prioritise a busy and varied workload.
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary as well as an enhanced benefits package including market leading pension scheme, private healthcare and an incredible colleague discount!
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.