Would you like to be part of a passionate, skilled and collaborative team shaping the future in the fast-pace digital retail business?
Would you like to be part of a wider innovation team and be the first one to hear, develop and test the most innovative tech?
Are you passionate about java development, design patterns and quality development principles?
Do you want to cross skill in Kotlin and work on full stack development?
If yes, come and join our Mobile App development team!
In this role you will be developing our Mobile App Content Management System and backend services that support our apps; ensuring we deliver cutting edge solutions which lead the way in ultimate online shopping experience. You will also have the opportunity to cross skill in Mobile App development and develop end-to-end customer solutions.
What do we expect from you:
- Passion for well designed, testable and efficient code using design patterns and quality development principles.
- Experience in developing high quality, scalable and secure Java apps.
- Solid understanding of the full software development cycle.
- At least one popular web framework (Servlets / JSP, Struts2, Spring MVC).
- Experience of Unit Testing.
- Maven or Gradle experience
- Passion for user experience.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (e.g. Hibernate).
Nice to have (though not essential):
- Experience of Kotlin and/or Android app development.
- Experience of the Scrum development methodology and associated processes and tools.
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD).
- Experience of Git Version Control.
- Experience of working with Web and Cloud technologies.
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work on different projects and to get experience in a various technologies and teams.
- Fun, innovative working environment full of talented people at the heart of Manchester City Centre.
About N Brown:
N Brown is a leading FTSE 250 internet and catalogue home shopping company with over 150 years of distance shopping experience. Best known by our 3 power brands; Simply Be, Jacamo and of course JD Williams, we generated revenues of over £887 million in 2016/2017, with (adjusted) pre-tax profits of £80.6 million.
Our vision is to become a leading digital retailer and to continue to expand our active customer base of over 4 million, becoming the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers' look and feel amazing through our trusted family of over 20 brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers' personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.