Due to an internal move, we now have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Finance Analyst to support the Commercial Finance Manager for our Central Services divisions including IT, Finance and HR, to help inform and support our senior managers in critical and material commercial decisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified Accountant / Finance Analyst, seeking a new career challenge in a very fast paced, commercial environment. Alongside supporting the production of monthly management accounts the right person for this role will enjoy interpreting and managing commercial and financial data and be comfortable providing insight and solutions that can directly influence senior commercial decisions within our business.
The role of Commercial Finance Analyst:
- You’ll be Responsible for financial reporting and forecasting, provide quality financial analysis, insightful commentaries to the business and support the Commercial Finance Manager,
- Specific responsibly for production of monthly management accounts for the divisions and with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Focus on KPI delivery and reporting with a strong emphasis on providing great customer service
- Act as SME for Oracle Fusion Financial system to support divisional users.
- Verification of actual costs and preparation of accruals, prepayments and journals
- Reconciliation of all labour costs and preparation of division resource reports with supporting insightful commentary
- Ensure that the business partners comply with the approved financial processes including all documentation, reports and plans, ensuring they are relevant, accurate and have a complete audit trail
- Supporting the Commercial Finance Manager by championing change management; driving improvements to financial accountability across the Divisions and improving and standardising financial processes to improve overall efficiency; identifying and contributing to business improvement opportunities
- Enhancing commercial understanding by ensuring that all stakeholders understand their responsibilities for the overall financial goals of their Divisions and the business ,embedding commercial mind-set and governance
- Ad hoc analysis and provision of financial advice as required to support Finance Team, decision-making and monitoring of financial performance
What you will need to succeed:
We’re looking for a Finance professional with experience in a fast paced, commercial environment. We are happy to consider both part and recently qualified ACA /CIMA / ACCA applicants. You should be naturally analytical with strong MS Excel skills. Experience with Oracle Fusion Financial systems is highly desirable but not essential. You’ll need exceptional communications skills enabling you to present, build relationships and influence at a senior level.
What you'll get in return:
Alongside a competitive salary you will receive:
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme where you have the option to buy 10 days per annum
- Pension - Match up to 8 %
- Life assurance - 2 x your salary or 5 x if you join our pension scheme
- Private Medical
- Huge discounts across all of our websites
- Colleague discounts across a number of restaurants/services/activities in Manchester
This is a busy and varied role so you’ll need to be highly organised with excellent time management skills. You’ll need to have a passion for delivering first class service and a positive attitude towards business change.
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging role, representing a real career development opportunity, then this could be the platform to allow your finance acumen and influencing skills to shine.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.