This is a fantastic graduate opportunity for someone who likes investigating and solving technical problems. Working as part of a team you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment using your initiative.
As a Graduate Analyst you will receive on the job training which will help you develop the skills required to become a Systems Analyst. Keen to put your studies into practice and move into an IT career. This is a great place to start.
In this role you will be working collaboratively to resolve production issues and undertake analysis for new functionality on a number of new technology production systems, centered around N Brown’s web, mobile and call centre platform. This role is primarily responsible for triaging, owning, investigating and seeking resolution for production issues.
During these activities the Graduate Analyst will ensure compliance with all project lifecycle, architecture, service level, and testing standards defined within the BIT function.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Initial triage and subsequent allocation of production support issues to developers where necessary.
- Proactively identifying high priority production incidents based on business impact.
- Liaise with the business to ascertain the priority of incidents and subsequently tale ownership of the investigation, including issues that require actions from other teams within BIT.
- Collation of incident statistics to produce reports on resolution and outstanding incidents.
- Work using Agile methodologies and JIRA software for task workflow.
- Assist with functional web testing of solutions to incidents.
- Proactively suggest and highlight any production support improvements that could be made to our service.
- Effective clear communication of the current status of a production issue to the original business user or PSS Manager.
- Escalation, when appropriate, to the PSS Manager of a production issue.
- Any other duties required by the PSS Manager that are appropriate with the post, grade and level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
What you will need to succeed:
In this role you will be expected to take ownership of a problem even where it reaches across several different applications. If you are curious, tenacious and interactive, keen to ensure issues are resolved to the benefit of our business and our customers this role will suit you well.
Ability to build strong working relationships with other technical teams is important - as you will be the problem owner but will often require other technicians to support you, therefore strong communication skills and ability to network and build relationships is required.
You will have experience of problem solving environment and capability to manage high priority production issues under pressure.
Skills building in the new platform technologies will be provided and there will be mentoring and learning on the job - but the ability to cope with and embrace change and ambiguity is essential.
Recent graduate or industry experience working within a digital environment, preferably within an ecommerce environment.