JD Williams / N Brown group have been trading in the heart of Manchester for over 150 years. Our vision is to become the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of brands
Our people are obsessed with customer service, enriched with data and powered by the latest technology to drive our business forward. As we continue to invest in our goal of becoming a leading digital retailer there’s never been a better time to join us!
Reporting to the Head of Design, the role is to design new and innovative fashion ranges across women’s jerseywear. As well as designing exciting new ranges, you will review the existing product portfolio to ensure the jerseywear ranges remain both inspirational and relevant to our customers. As the Womenswear Designer you will deliver key trends, colour and shape direction to the business in trend books and presentations, as well completing detailed comp shops to ensure our ranges stay commercial focused and ahead of our competitors.
The Designer will also be required to support the product selection process to deliver exciting and commercial product ranges; delivering optimal brand and customer performance whilst demonstrating full understanding of our customers’ needs in regard to shape, fit and trend direction. This role is maternity cover with 10 months fixed term contract with a possibility to extend over a period of six months.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating new and exciting ranges that innovate in terms of product opportunity and the identifying new and developing trends.
- Designing and delivering innovative key trends, colour and shape direction in line with the market in a clear and workable format that is relevant to the brand.
- Keeping up to date with market intelligence, specifically around key competitors and future trends; providing insight and inspiration to the Design and Buying Teams.
- Briefing and liaison with suppliers on new development and designs.
- Working with QA and buying on updating fit and pushing innovation in fabric and silhouette
- Modernising and designing product ranges in line with key competitors, driving improved net sales performance and gains in market share.
- Ensuring harmony of trends across all products within relevant areas.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for an experienced designer with extensive women’s jerseywear or women’s casualwear experience. Ideally you will have a related degree or equivalent qualification, broad experience in a creative, commercial environment is essential. You should be highly organised with CAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop knowledge. You must have excellent time management and strong verbal and written communication skills along with a genuine passion for colour, shape and innovative and creative design.
The successful candidate will be a commercially aware and innovative individual, with the ability to encourage a creative mind-set with the wider team. You’ll need to be flexible, with a can-do approach and possess the ability to motivate, engage and influence complex stakeholder groups.
In return, you’ll receive great training, varied and exciting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.