Whilst the world has changed beyond all recognition since we started trading over 150 years ago, N Brown has always stayed relevant through commitments to its customers – and its people. We’ve developed into one of the UK’s largest digital retailers and a growing global force in fashion. Our vision is simple – to become the globally loved experts in fashion that fits and an international digital retailer with power brands like JD Williams, Jacamo, Simply Be and Fashion World leading the way.
New digital technology has disrupted the world of retail. We say bring it on. We’re embracing the potential of new technology to reshape the customer experience and our operations, from end to end. We believe the future will be faster, smarter, more agile, more personal. If you’d like to help us build it, we’d like to hear from you.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Innovator who specialises within Denim to work within our brand-new Product Innovation Team to innovate and develop products to exceed our customer expectations – Fit, Quality, Value on time and to the standard required. Please note this is a Maternity cover.
What you’ll do:
Work in line with the Product Innovation strategy as defined by the Head of Product Innovation to constantly improve the quality, fit and value of products.
In partnership with the Digital Fit Innovation team, ensure an accurate and consistent fit across all of the Product range in all sizes aligned to the internal block standard by brand, to ensure they flatter our customer.
Innovating Product and construction to develop USP’s and exceptional products for customer brand requirements.
Working closely with buying and Suppliers at source , where applicable – evaluate and develop the product range to deliver exceptional quality for the customer, ensuring it is on time and from the right supplier for the product type.
Effectively engineer products to support net margin improvements for your dept.
Provide Product Technical expertise to support the wider product team including Digital Fit Innovation, Design, Buying, Merchandising, Marketing, Stores, Supply Base, Warehouse, MED, CSO and Apprentices/placements.
Constantly review and improve Quality Standards in line with customer expectation, competitors and internal Quality guidelines.
Communication – engage with the wider business team both internal and external to drive innovation forward and effectively promote product benefits to the customer.
Analyse, understand, report and act upon customer feedback and returns metrics.
Research and benchmark new Technical Innovations, Product developments, Washing Techniques etc.
What you’ll have:
- Technical Expertise in relevant products including but not exhausting, experience in testing legislation, chemical management and fabric knowledge.
- Fitting skills specific to relevant product.
- 2D/3D capability
- Grading skills
- Relevant Product construction knowledge
- Knowledge of a wide ranging Supply base.
- Knowledge of product testing, legislation and compliance relating to relevant product types.
- Use analytical and product insight to influence corrective actions with strong focus on continuous improvements
- Communication skills – verbal and written – ability to communicate via variety of media with different cultures/various levels of Stakeholders with professionalism, tact, diplomacy and integrity.
- A good appreciation of fashion/current trends/quality standards on product fit/styling/construction and innovation to product