Looking for a challenge? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced People Shared Service Manager to create and implement our first People Team ‘shared service’.
To further support our digital first business, we are looking to transform the way we work, changing from divisionally focused support teams to a much more agile and flexible shared service model. This transformation will work hand in hand with the implementation of a new HR systems, exciting times!
As this role will be involved at the start of our digital transformation, it is a real chance to make a mark and shape, influence and evolve the short and long-term success of this service.
The shared services team will provide an exceptional front-line service to colleagues, line managers and stakeholders, enabling our business colleagues to effectively manage their teams by providing expert advice, coaching and administrative support
This leadership role will take ownership of the management of the team as well as the full operational elements of Employee Relations. Working across the business, optimising existing activity, developing new services and expanding the core People Proposition.
In addition to managing the team and the workflow, the Shared Services Manager will:
- Take ownership of the relevant elements of the HR system - developing strategies to engage the business in using the system and future enhancements.
- Drive a culture of continual process improvement with a focus on data integrity and an excellent service to managers and colleagues.
- Be a key contact for the Trade Union and manage any negotiations.
- Implement process improvements that will contribute to more efficient working practices - be a Subject Matter expert for all operational aspects of our People Service.
- Delivering best practice Employee Relations
- Be responsible for an engaging employee end to end colleague lifecycle including associated documentation and authorisation.
- Proactively coach, develop and manage the performance of the team and line managers when appropriate.
- Develop SLAs and KPIs with the People Team and business supported by a suite reports to measure against deliverables.
- Act as a key member of the People Leadership Team working with the Chief People Officer and Head of People to develop and inform strategy.
What we need
- A confident, inspiring and brave leader
- CIPD Level 5 qualified or equivalent
- Extensive Employee Relations knowledge within a People function
- Passion for excelling in service delivery
- A natural ability to coach direct reports as well as leaders at all levels
As this role is to create and implement a new way of working, we are looking for someone who has had specific experience of:
- Building a shared service team
- Developing KPIs and SLAs that measure the effectiveness of a shared Service
- Managing a professional services division
- Managing employee relations over multiple sites.
- In and out TUPE
In return you will be part of a fun team and rapidly changing business that embraces individuality, learning, ideas and innovation and where you really will be able to make a difference and make your mark. If you have the experience we have highlighted and are looking for your next exciting challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams