Here at N Brown we are continuing to build a motivated, thought leading, top drawer Procurement team. We are now on the lookout for a Category Manager who will lead in the development of a culture where everyone is cost conscious, smart spenders, looking for ways to save every day and challenge where they see waste.
You’ll engage colleagues and stakeholders to think and work cross functionally to drive organisational efficiency. Suppliers will want to partner with us to share innovation and ideas to improve how we work and give us an edge on our competition.
Our Procurement vision and mission is to be outward looking, gaining and sharing, knowledge and perspective of how we find, partner and manage our suppliers. We’ll elevate our thinking and work collaboratively to buy what the business needs at the best possible value.
We’ll deliver the right solutions and relationships for now and the future.
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be part of and you’ve got:
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- A strong communication style that you adapt to suit your audience
- An action orientated, innovative approach that alongside great commercial acumen delivers results…. then read on.
The team look after all indirect expenditure for the N Brown group and a little that supports our product buying too. With a remit of around £300m of spend there’s lots of opportunity to support the acceleration of our profitable growth
As Category Manager you role will be to support the creation and continual review of robust, forward looking category plans that use a full range of supply and demand levers, to identify opportunities that deliver relevance and tangible value to our business and customers.
Core Activities as Category Manager
- Continually review robust, forward looking category plans based on business need, supply market dynamics and technology advancements.
- Work with stakeholders to consider a variety of commercial models, providing constructive challenge`
- Work with other commercial teams to agree the most relevant supplier metrics and track benefits back into the P&L
- Lead discussions and negotiations with suppliers and partners to realise cost efficiency, commercial terms and contracts.
- Manage our ‘On Demand’ partners, giving clear direction and ensuring agreed measures and outputs are delivered.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams