N Brown Group have been trading in the heart of Manchester for over 150 years. Our vision is to become the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of brands.
Our global supply chain and fulfilment operations include our Logistics Centres in Shaw, Oldham and Hadfield, near Glossop. We employ around 1,000 people and store more than 1.5 million sq. ft. of stock, and that is growing as our product portfolio increases.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic, professional, organised individual to join us as an Assistant Facilities Manager. If you have a degree in Facilities Management/ Surveying/ Construction or Quantity Surveying, then this role could be perfect for you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
You’’ll be responsible for formalising, reviewing and improving all service contracts across the Property Services team and you will monitor, record and validate contractor performance and costs, in conjunction with other Facilities Managers to ensure N Brown receives the right service at the right cost.
You will also have the chance to work with all areas of the full Property Services team to deliver efficient and effective services across the N Brown property portfolio.
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience or a knowledge of formulating, monitoring hard and soft FM contracts
- Planned and reactive maintenance strategies, including statutory, regulatory and legal requirements.
- A good understanding of Environmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Appreciation of the academic qualification process and ability to support others through this
- Management and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, External Suppliers, Consultants and cross functional relationships.
- Knowledge of Tendering, Procurement, and Financial processes.
- Minimum Higher National Certification in a Relevant FM Discipline. Minimum HNC in Building related subject and/or IOSH Certification in Health & Safety would be advantageous but not essential.
In addition, to working within a supportive team culture with a competitive salary you’ll also enjoy:
- 24 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) or equivalent to contracted hours.
- Generous Staff Discount – on all our ranges including fashion, furniture, electrical appliances, toys and much more.
- Annual profit share scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group