N Brown are looking for an Assistant Buyer to work on our Ladieswear department on a 6 month fixed term basis. As an Assistant Buyer you’ll work closely with the Buyer to provide support for the team. You should be highly organised and able to analyse and interpret sales data, as well as creative, with an excellent eye for the latest trends. Our business is fast-paced and no two days are the same. A genuine passion for product, along with determination and relentless enthusiasm will allow the successful candidate to truly excel and develop within this role.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting the Buyer in sourcing, developing and selecting multiple product ranges.
- Contribute to planning, trade and sales meetings with the ability to analyse sales and trading information.
- Taking ownership of the critical path and providing updates against schedules during weekly meetings
- Managing and organising the sample library
- Assisting the Buyer / Senior Buyer in supplier meetings
- Maintaining excellent relationships with new and existing suppliers. Liaising with them regarding all product-related queries
- Creating and updating all product information and attributes. Accurately inputting all new product information and maintaining the product file
- Preparing product and studio information. Collating samples and ensuring that they are photographed and accurately labelled in accordance with schedule
- Working closely with Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Design & Product Coordination teams to manage set up and administration of all products and promotions
- Competitor and general market insight through analysis, comp shops, presentations and mood boards.
What you will need to succeed:
Ideally, you’ll be a graduate with a relevant degree level qualification. You'll have work experience as either a Buying Admin Assistant, Buying Assistant or you will be a strong administrator. A genuine passion and interest in ladies fashion is essential as well as strong commercial skills and an eye for trends. You’ll need to have a good knowledge of competitor retailers and overall insight into the UK retail market is essential.
You’ll need to be numerate and analytical with good Microsoft Excel skills as a key part of this role involves analysis and interpretation of sales data. You’ll also need excellent communication skills to collate and present findings and recommendations as well as building effective relationships with colleagues and external suppliers.
This role is fast-paced and you must be able to demonstrate flexibility, positivity, enthusiasm, determination, initiative and the desire to succeed.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training from a highly experienced Buyer as well as exciting development opportunities and a competitive benefits package.
Our people are energetic, enthusiastic and proud to work for a company that is committed to making the customer look and feel amazing through our trusted family of brands. If you are able to demonstrate these qualities and the have the desired experience, why not apply today and be part of our future.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams