Job reference: 002429
Closing date: 02/02/2018
Salary: £30,823.09 +30% shift allowance
Department: Support Services
Hours per week: 42hrs per week
We are looking to recruit a time-served Electrical or Mechanical Engineer to join our Maintenance department to be based at our Logistics centre in Shaw, Oldham. The main aim of this role is to ensure that all Plant and Equipment are 100% available for production, and to carry out planned preventative maintenance.
The shift pattern will be a continental shift, covering site requirements for a 24/7 operation (average 42 hours per week). You will also be required to cover shifts for holidays and sickness.
Additional key responsibilities will include:
• Responding to breakdowns in a safe and timely manner.
• Servicing of Plant and Equipment as and when required.
• Working as part of a flexible maintenance team on a continental shift pattern.
• Communicating effectively with production regarding breakdowns and repairs.
• Working within the maintenance team on improvements and projects.
• Undertaking work at other sites within the group if needed.
The successful candidate will have completed a recognised Apprenticeship, and be qualified to City & Guild standard. ONC/HNC level of education is desirable.
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate a high level of flexibility in your approach to your work, and be able to work effectively on your own and as part of a team. You must be computer literate, and be able to demonstrate good fault-finding skills on both PLC systems and conventional electrical and mechanical installations.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience and would like to be considered, apply today with your current CV.
The closing date for this job has now passed.