N Brown group is a leading FTSE 250 digital home shopping company with over 150 years of distance shopping experience. Best known by our 3 power brands; Simply Be, Jacamo and of course JD Williams. Our vision is to become the leading digital retailer and to continue to expand our active customer base of over 4 million, becoming the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of over 20 brands.
Our Financial Services division is a key part of the Group, as we continue to invest in our goal of becoming a leading digital retailer there’s a greater need than ever to ensure that we continue to drive customer loyalty by making responsible lending decisions in line with our regulatory responsibilities.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, this role has two key areas of focus:
The first is as a key Business Partner to the credit risk team with responsibility for all financial aspects of IFRS9 including overseeing model changes, KPI and performance reporting, forecasting and ensuring that the model meets the requirements of the accounting standard.
The second is responsibility for the Group’s securitisation, including submission of regular reporting, forecasting the impact of portfolio changes on key metrics and providing information to support with audit requirements.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the IFRS9 model continues to meet the requirements of the accounting standard
- Analysing impairment trends and the drivers of those trends
- Identifying opportunities for improving the model such that it continues to reflect the commercial reality of the business
- Forecasting future IFRS9 impairment charges and the drivers of those charges
- Supporting the credit risk team with ad hoc analysis surrounding risk profiling and behavioural scores
- Submission of weekly and monthly securitisation reporting
- Modelling the impacts of changes in the portfolio on key securitisation metrics
What you will need to succeed:
- Formal finance qualification: CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Technically astute and an appreciation of applicable financial reporting standards is critical
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector
- Strong technology skills.
- Being close to the detail, data driven and analytical whilst also being able to articulate results clearly to non-finance individuals
- Strong operational delivery track record, motivated to implement/deliver on time to quality standards and build new efficient processes
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations, identify key issues and make tough, timely decisions
- Highly energetic and driven to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and ability to manage complex stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation and experienced in communicating commercial language with a variety of media
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of commercial issues
- A strong team player
This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant, seeking a significant new career challenge. The ideal candidates should be engaged, adaptable and genuinely interested in the fundamentals of the N Brown business. Candidates should also enjoy interpreting and managing commercial and financial data and be comfortable providing insight and solutions that can directly influence senior commercial decisions within our business.
In return, you’ll receive great training, varied and interesting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.