Whilst the world, in particular technology, has changed beyond all recognition since N Brown started trading over 150 years ago, what has kept us relevant and positioned us as #2 on Prolific North’s Top 100 e-Commerce companies, is our ability to reinvent and transform ourselves, adapting and predicting our customers preferences and evolving the vibrant and dynamic people first culture we have today. Our vision is simple – to become the globally loved experts in fashion that fits, helping customers look and feel amazing! – Something that is synonymous with our brands, JD Williams, Jacamo and Simply Be.
With retail continuing to be one of the most disrupted industries through the rise of mobile devices, IoT and changing shopping habits, where better to expand your career and test your innovation than as part of a company that has a proven heritage of transformation spanning across three different centuries!
If you would like to join this journey, we are looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure Manager, who is seeking to build on their career in a fast paced, collaborative and digital environment. Reporting to the Head of Service & Infrastructure, you will work at the heart of our business to deliver services critical to the performance of the organisation. You will be expected to apply forward thinking IT strategies while working in collaboration with our technology partners, who will manage day to day IT Operations.
If you are looking for an exciting role, representing the N Brown business within a complex IT function, in a fast growing and transformational market, then this could be the platform to allow your IT Leadership skills to shine.
Overview of the role:
The Senior IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the delivery of a reliable, optimised, secure and technical infrastructure through our strategic partners and technology suppliers. This role is also responsible for the quality of all aspects of the technical services and products offered by the IT Team to the user community and is accountable for service, strategy, operational budgets, technical capability and direction of all IT infrastructure towers, including cloud hosted technologies, database, distributed, mainframe, server/desktop, network and storage provisions.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure continuous IT service delivery improvements to achieve high a levels of stability.
- Work in partnership with Enterprise Architecture Team to determine and model strategic solutions that will create an effective and efficient infrastructure across the enterprise
- Formally agree the level of infrastructure investment, priorities and sponsor project activity.
- Develop and manage a technical operations strategy to ensure business requirements are achieved most cost effective manner while adhering to the standards defined by the business.
- Determine effective commercial strategies, in conjunction with procurement, that achieve excellent service and value with our technology partners and suppliers.
- Undertake ownership of relating IT contracts. Working closely with procurement in the negotiation process.
- Technically impact assess all changes proposed by our partners to ensure compliance with N Brown / JD Williams objectives and standards.
- Work with our partners to set-up and monitor effective Operating Level Agreements (OLAs). To contribute to the development, agreement, implementation and continual improvement of a formal infrastructure implementation and support.
- Monitor the quality of all work undertaken by partners and schedule resource to achieve the optimal balance between risk, benefit, time and money.
- Work closely with the Finance / PMO team to monitor spend and optimise value across all technology cost towers.
What you will need to succeed:
- Ability to demonstrate a strong technical foundation, combined with the ability to engage with senior stakeholders – a technologist at heart, you will be technically conversant in IT Infrastructure technologies and advancements in this area.
- Relevant degree or equivalent.
- Evidence of working in a high pressure, change environment.
- Ability to determine and drive effective strategies
- Evidence of initiating and building effective stakeholder relationships.
- Extensive experience and understanding of acting as the liaison between the business and a large IT technology suppliers and outsource providers.
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library), ISO 20000 Service Management Standard or similar professional qualification is desirable.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits and be part of a team that encourages individual ideas and innovation and which is integral in supporting the business through its exciting, ongoing transformation.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.