Are you looking for an organisation where you are empowered to positively challenge the status quo?
Keen to help us build world-class, resilient, scalable cyber-security solutions?
Do you want to work for an industry-leading organisation, playing a pivotal role in delivering secure digital experiences that customers love?
Yes, yes and yes?
We want to hear from you!
Reporting into our Head of IT Security & Risk, the Technology team are looking for a highly experienced, Cyber-Security Consultant to join our fast-expanding Security squad.
We are in an exciting phase of change; along with the rest of the world, we’re embarking on a hugely impactful digital journey, both for our people and our customers. As use of our digital channels increases significantly, we have the enormous responsibility of providing our customers with unparalleled protection. Our team of Security SME’s play an integral part in this journey, not just around confidentiality, integrity, availability of systems, data and information assets but also looking at investing in emerging, innovative security technology. Anything that will mean a more seamless, secure experience when our customers shop with our brands.
At the core, you will be responsible for delivering solutions across the whole business, assimilating new technologies and models, maintaining personal and corporate awareness of current Information Security Issues (e.g. emerging vulnerabilities and zero-day exploits) and identifying and implementing appropriate risk mitigation counter-measures.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working alongside project delivery teams to ensure that all delivery plans include adequate security controls
- Working with Technology Service Management, i.e. N Brown and partner colleagues, to ensure that access control methods and other security controls remain effective and fit-for-purpose and are administered correctly.
- Conduct audits on Information Security Policy compliance to identify any gaps and ensure appropriate risk mitigation plans are agreed and delivered
- Manage and oversee an appropriate programme of vulnerability & penetration testing and that any identified issues are managed to resolution by the appropriate area.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical leadership across N Brown within the area of Cyber Security and Technology Risk Management
- Support, shape and contribute to the delivery of N Brown’s Technology Roadmaps and the development of the Digital Centre of Excellence.
- Help us grow and develop a thriving Technology Security team including training and coaching of junior members of the team
What we want to see from you:
- First and foremost, you’ll be a strong communicator and can partner with both the business and wider technology teams with ease
- Working across various levels you will be able to translate business level requirements into risk-based outcomes and propose appropriate controls.
- You will have solid technical foundation, a good understanding of networking concepts, familiarity with tiered architectural design, knowledge of internet architecture and controls as well as understanding of application security and applicable security controls/designs.
- A good understanding and exposure to a range of cloud technologies
- A good understanding of security frameworks and associated legislation; in particular GDPR and Cyber Essentials.
- Ideally you’ll be a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) but this is not essential
- Keenness to get out there and represent Security and your organisation – we want you to get as involved as possible in the wider technology community to share knowledge and ideate
What’s in it for you?
- We take your learning and growth seriously – if there’s something you’d like upskill yourself in, we’ll do everything to make it happen
- We offer a range of flexible working options with the latest technology to support
- You play a critical part in this Security journey– the potential to own and impact change is endless
- Work in an environment where diversity of thought is truly valued – we want you to constantly look for opportunities to continuously improve or innovate
If this sounds like you, please apply below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Meg Manjunath, our Digital Talent Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note; as this person would likely have access to our customers’ personal data we require that all offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.