N Brown Group have been trading in the heart of Manchester for over 150 years. Our vision is to become the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of brands JD Williams, Simply Be & Jacamo. As we continue to invest in our goal of becoming a leading digital retailer there’s never been a better time to join us!
At N Brown Group, our Merchandisers are much more than just number crunchers. They play an integral role delivering the product strategy through careful planning, forecasting and inventory management, and by ensuring the right stock is in the right place at the right time, so our customer can buy what they want, when they want it.
Junior Merchandiser – Menswear:
Our Junior Merchandiser works closely with the Senior Merchandiser to deliver product strategy and maximise commercial opportunities.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Junior Merchandiser:
· Monitoring range plans and trading plans to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved and OTB is maximised at all times.
· Working closely with the buying team to build a commercial range.
· Developing detailed range plans with appropriate product phasing to ensure availability is maximised and to minimise terminal stock.
· Maximising in-season trading opportunities to ensure optimum trading and profitability.
· Working closely with other departments in the business, Buying, Marketing, Product Coordination, Quality Assurance.
· Maintaining a collaborative approach to work and ensuring that all ranges and promotions are in line with business strategy and aligned with brand values.
· Performing detailed analysis and reporting at yearly, seasonal, weekly level by department, category, line and attribute. Identifying sales patterns and potential trading opportunities.
· Training, developing and motivating junior team members. Ensuring that business and brand objectives are met.
What you will need to succeed as a Junior Merchandiser:
· Currently working at Junior Merchandiser or Senior Assistant Merchandiser level for an established retailer is desirable.
· Knowledge and experience of planning and trading your own department, including forecasting and OTB management responsibilities.
· Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Table, IF), and high level proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
· Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
· Enthusiasm and determination. This role is fast-paced and the Junior Merchandiser must be able to demonstrate that they can cope with pressure and working to strict deadlines.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training as well exciting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our people are energetic, enthusiastic and proud to work for a company that is committed to making the customer look and feel amazing. If you are able to demonstrate these qualities and the have the desired experience, why not apply today and be part of our fashion future.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.