Collaborating with our Buying Director Martin Roberts, you will be accountable for leading the Menswear and Sportshop areas within N Brown. Achieving our customer and profit objectives through the delivery of great product, value and service.
What we ask is simple:
- Lead our people
- Do the right thing for our customers
- Deliver on numbers and manage risk
N Brown is at the heart of Manchester, established in 1859 as a mail-order business operating out of three mobile shops, we have transformed to a global digital retailer with revenue over £900 million. Our business is powered by our people and led by our customers
Role Purpose :
To provide leadership and management of a buying area to achieve and exceed company growth.
To maximise the profit contribution from product across all relevant segments and brands by defining and driving the product category strategy and high level budgets with Segment Management.
Lead the product selection process to deliver exciting, innovative and commercial product ranges, targeted at our defined customer segments, to deliver optimal brand and customer performance.
Support and lead implementation of sourcing strategy to support ‘right product, right price, right time’
Create and implement a pricing policy in conjunction with the Buying Director, and Marketing Director.
To drive the pace, creative thinking and positive culture within the Product team.
- To create and manage a product category and range strategy, to meet the needs of the consumer segments, brands and channels, working closely with Head of Merchandise.
- To manage the product category P&L to optimise performance and return on investment.
- To lead the range planning and selection process to deliver product ranges in line with the Product Proposition Brief.
- To lead the sourcing and supplier strategy, supplier negotiation and supplier management.
- Work closely with Head of Quality to ensure products offer value for money in line with outlined quality strategy and pricing policy. Focus to reduce returns rates. Increase customer 5 star product reviews whilst driving the customer panel most preferred result.
- Lead the product dimension of in-season trading performance, and any variance to plan, to deliver optimum return on investment
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate a team to ensure that the business and segment objectives are met
- Keep abreast of market intelligence, with knowledge and awareness specifically around key competitors.
- Keep abreast of fashion and key consumer trends.
Key Relationships outside of your team
- Merchandising, Fit, Sourcing, Design & Marketing teams
- Global Product Supply Base
- Marketing, Brand & Finance
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.