N Brown is undergoing a significant transformation programme to become a leading digital fashion retailer. We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Agile Coach to join our technology team, working within the Acceleration Team closely with the Group CIO. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the operating model of a fast-moving online retail business.
Agile Coach – Innovation & Acceleration
You will work actively across the department to guide, support and enable colleagues to improve value, flow and quality from business idea to benefit realisation.
You will actively own areas of the acceleration team roadmap and develop key areas of improvements to enable high performing teams. Act as a trusted advisor for agile ways of working to squads within the department.
- Educate team members in core values of agile software development;
- Act as a trusted advisor of process and discipline for software-delivery teams and business functions;
- Facilitate variety of ceremonies, meetings and stand ups to coach and transfer best practice into teams and team members;
- Work with and guide teams in developing and establishing agile standards; and
- Guide the team and the wider department in using agile best practices to initiate software improvements and increase productivity.
- Facilitate workshops on the core concepts of agile software delivery and areas of specialism such as DevOps, Lean Portfolio Management and Release Train Engineering;
What you’ll need to succeed:
We’re looking for a talented, passionate and driven individual with a minimum 2:2 degree (or relevant experience) in an IT related discipline.
It is important that you have academic experience and have carried forward a learning mentality into a technology related role heavily involved in analysing ways of working, process optimisation and problem solving. Experience in an agile delivery team is essential.
You need to have a passion for improvement, an open approach to always learning about new methods within the IT delivery community. No top of that you will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills as this role will involve regular interaction with teams across the business.
The role will interact with multiple levels of seniority within the organisation, from technologists to executive board members to so a range of stakeholder management skills will be necessary to be successful, as will an assertive attitude around adherence to agile processes and enthusiastic mindset about agile practices and the benefits they deliver to an organisation.
Once you’re up to speed, you will be assigned to a variety of problem areas within the IT operating model, so a flexible approach and exceptional time management skills are essential. You’ll need to be comfortable managing a varied workload to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
In return, you’ll receive great training, varied and interesting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for several our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.