Our business is fast-paced, and no two days are the same. A genuine passion for product, along with determination and relentless enthusiasm will allow the successful candidate to truly excel and develop within this role.
Our Buyers are responsible for planning, sourcing, developing and selecting a commercial and successful range. They must use their knowledge and expertise to understand our customers’ wants and needs and create a strong multi-channel offering, whilst taking into account budgets and margin requirements. Overall the Buyer’s role is to build a range which both meets and exceeds the customers’ expectations, whilst maximising profits and revenue.
Your key responsibilities will be:
· Implementing product strategies and maximising performance & KPI’s across these areas.
· Managing a direct report and working collaboratively with the other own brand category buyers.
· Undertaking travel within the UK, Europe and the Far East
· Working closely with the design team to drive and implement clear fashion trends to ensure exciting and commercial ranges are created across the appropriate customer group.
· Achieve a bought-in margin (BIM) that supports market competitive prices, sales targets and a good, better, best range that is in line with competition that achieves the Dept BIM.
· To strategically plan to react and trade to sales on volume lines by working closely with the Merchandising teams.
· To innovate & implement in terms of product opportunity, range and attributes through strategic thinking.
What you will need to succeed:
· Relevant own label buying experience ideally from a leading retailer at Buyer level.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Experience of Far east travel
· Strong numerical and analytical skills. You must have previous experience managing multiple ranges, OTB and budgets.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Leadership qualities. The Buyer is responsible for leading and motivating a team. The successful Buyer will need to demonstrate leadership, and the ability to influence others.
· Enthusiasm, determination and commitment to the role.
· Confident user of Microsoft Office (particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Outlook.
In return for your hard-work and commitment you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our people are energetic, enthusiastic and proud to work for a company where the customer is at core of what we do. If you are able to demonstrate these qualities and the have the desired experience, why not apply today and be part of our future.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams