Are you looking for an organisation where you have the freedom and autonomy to positively challenge the status quo?
Do you want to work for an industry-leading name, playing a pivotal role in delivering digital experiences that customers love?
Keen to take your Project Management skills to the next level, owning and delivering high visibility, complex projects ?
Yes, yes and yes?
We want to hear from you!
Reporting into our Head of Service, Operations and Corporate Infrastructure, we are looking for a future-thinking Technology Project Manager to come with us on this huge digital transformation…
We are in an exciting phase of change; along with the rest of the world, we’re embarking on a hugely impactful digital journey, both for our people and our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned delivery expert to come in and help us deliver some heavy-hitting, critical infrastructure projects. Working closely with our colleagues from across the business, you will carry out end-to-end PM responsibilities as well as mobilising the teams, engaging third party suppliers, strategic partners and internal resource to deliver a solution that’s capable of meeting business and customer needs.
You will also be able to keep a close handle on plans, costs, risks, issues and changes throughout the lifecycle using the tools and techniques at hand for the chosen solution. Our environment is fast paced so you will need to be comfortable managing delivery through changing priorities whilst keeping control and managing stakeholders’ expectations.
What you’ll do: -
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of IT / Digital infrastructure projects across the entire lifecycle including budgets and resources
- Taking ownership over all aspects of a project from the design stage through to completion and handover in to live service, writing and logging all project documentation
- Keeping all relevant stakeholders aware of the progress of projects and any major obstacles
- Agreeing project objectives and scope and communicating with stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of projects
- Managing project personnel to achieve desired objectives and ensuring that all relevant processes are followed
- Regularly reviewing and analysing the project scope, ensuring potential risks and issues are resolved
- Driving cross-functional teams and negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors where applicable
- Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met at every opportunity
What we’re after:
- Comprehensive experience of driving and managing small to large-scale projects in a Technology Infrastructure environment, ideally within an ecommerce business or a large enterprise environment.
- PRINCE2 or Scrum certification (or equivalent)
- Extensive knowledge and awareness of Project Management principles, documents and plans along with strong facilitation, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to deliver results on time and on budget
- Strong stakeholder management and project reporting skills are essential.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels and display tenacity to achieve objective. Confident to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Confident user of Microsoft Project and Excel.
What’s in it for you?
- We offer a competitive package and benefits including a range of flexible working options with the latest technology to support
- You play a critical part in this digital journey from its early stages – the potential to own and impact change is endless!
- Work in an environment where failing fast is encouraged; we love experimenting and trying new things!
About N Brown:
N Brown is a leading FTSE 250 digital and catalogue home shopping organisation with over 150 years of distance shopping experience. Best known by our 3 power brands; Simply Be, Jacamo and of course JD Williams. Our vision is to become a leading digital retailer and to continue to expand our active customer base of over 4 million, becoming the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of over 20 brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams