Within our Financial Services department we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Compliance Manager to join us and work within an industry leading team.
Things you should know:
As our Compliance Manager, you will be working to ensure JD Williams is compliant for the purposes of its regulated activity within its financial services department. You will support and work closely with the Head of Compliance in providing pragmatic advice and guidance on FCA regulatory requirements which governs JD Williams’ consumer credit function.
As well as leading and a developing a dedicated team, you will also manage and implement the Annual Compliance Monitoring Plan, carry out investigations and business support activities as required, keep up to date with any regulatory changes you will also ensure JD Williams is compliant maintain an up to date understanding of financial crime including the relevant Money Laundering Regulations and Bribery Act and support the firm regarding its ongoing compliance in this area.
The fun facts:
Not only are we offering a competitive salary of £60,000 plus bonus, but you will also be entitled to loads of great benefits such as discount across all our brands (this includes JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo), healthcare, access to an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Significant experience of working within a consumer credit firm or similar
- Detailed working knowledge of the FCA handbook
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral/ written communication skills. confident and articulate communicator liaising with both internal and external contacts. Able to build relationships, impart information and ensure action is carried out to meet deadlines
- Diligent and fair decision-making skills
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- Strong time management and the ability to prioritise work load
- An aspirational personality and a desire to join a growing team and be a key member
- Organised – able to effectively plan and co-ordinate a range of ongoing activities for self and others.
- Degree qualified preferable
What happens next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story
Did you know that JD Williams has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with amazing products.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams