Having recently been brought in house, our newly created Tax team is helping to establish and define how tax will function within N Brown. In order to achieve this, we are building out a passionate team to do this and we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Group Tax Advisor to join us.
Not heard of us? Here’s our story
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with amazing products and customer services.
Things you should know:
Supporting the Group Tax Manager, this is an ideal role for someone looking for a first move in-house or someone already in-house ho is looking for a new challenge. As our Group Tax Advisor, you will be instrumental and impactful in being the advisor for N Brown on tax matters including:
- Preparation of the UK and Irish VAT returns on a timely basis
- Co-ordination of the outsourced overseas VAT/sales tax compliance
- Ensuring, through monthly reconciliations and checks, the integrity of the VAT numbers in the financial records
- Supporting the accurate reporting and forecasting of the group’s partial exemption position
- Supporting on the VAT aspects of the implementation and updates of financial systems
- Preparation of UK corporation tax returns, quarterly tax instalment calculations and country by country reporting
- Supporting half year and year end reporting including liaison with the Group’s auditors
- Supporting the preparation of research and development claims
- Support on employment tax issues
- Involvement in responding to queries from HMRC
- Documentation of tax processes and controls
- Advising the business on tax matters and liaison with the Group’s external advisors where necessary
The fun facts:
Not only are we offering a competitive salary of up to £40,000 (DOE) and a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, access to an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Professional qualification (CTA/ACA/CA/ACCA) or relevant in-house work experience
- Proven up to date UK VAT knowledge
- Experience of working with large UK based companies.
- A passionate business partnering approach to working with colleagues and clients
- A drive to improve process
- Highly organised
What happens next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown