N Brown Group is the home of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo. We are a rapidly changing, FTSE 250 multi-channel company with over 150 years of experience. Based in the heart of the vibrant Northern Quarter, we have a number of exciting and varied roles within our Product floor. Here you will be offered the chance to work with a number of industry experts with training and mentoring that is second to none!
We now have a need for an Assistant Merchandiser who is highly numerical and analytical with a passion for retail and fashion. You will be working on our Womenswear team.
You will work closely with the Merchandiser to provide administrative support for the team. You will be analytical, possess excellent attention to detail and have a head for numbers. The primary aim is to assist the Merchandiser to maximise commercial opportunities through effective forecasting, intake management and in-depth administrative support.
A passion for numbers, along with determination and relentless enthusiasm will allow the successful Assistant Merchandiser to truly excel and develop within this role.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Producing and collating Monday trade reports.
- Identifying weekly sales trends, along with best and worst sellers.
- Reviewing daily sales information. Highlighting recommendations for markdowns and promotions, along with ensuring availability is maximised across all channels in response to trading activity.
- Taking ownership of intake and commitment schedule to maximise stock availability.
- Ensuring critical path deadlines are met. Recognising any potential delivery issues and impact to deliver/availability and making this known.
- Liaising with suppliers and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Supporting with additional sales reporting and analysis.
What you will need to succeed:
- A degree level qualification or equivalent in a numerical or analytical field, e.g. Fashion Merchandising, Psychology, Economics, Maths etc.
- Experience working in a head office merchandising role (Merch Admin Assistant, Allocator etc.)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and confidence working with large volumes of data; collating, analysing, presenting findings.
- A genuine interest in retail and trading and with previous retail experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (proficiency in Vlookups, SUM, Pivot tables).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and determination.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic structured training as well exciting development opportunities with the aim to fast track you into a fully fledged Merchandiser. You also receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Our people are energetic, enthusiastic and proud to work for a company that is committed to making the customer look and feel amazing. If you are able to demonstrate these qualities and the have the desired experience, why not apply today and be part of our fashion future.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.