Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Imports team, within the Buying and Merchandising department, as an Import Admin Assistant.
Imports work with our Merchandisers, overseas suppliers and freight forwarders to transport in and customs clear more than 13 million items over the course of a year. Speed of delivery to the customer, particularly on big selling lines is highly dependant on the efficient running of this department.
The principle duties for this role include:
- Creating import files
- Receiving and classifying supplier documents for Customs
- Preparing Airfreight clearances
- Keying in Seafreight clearances
- General admin duties - photocopying, scanning, filing
- Assisting with payments
- Checking shipping websites for vessel arrivals
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the following attributes:
- Educated to minimum GCSE level.
- Previous admin experience.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of formulas, pivot & look up tables using MS Excel.
- Good communication skills
- Good team player, self motivator and ability to effectively manage own time in order to meet Import department deadlines.