Within our award-winning Finance department, we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Credit Controller to join our team.
Things you should know:
This brand new role within the Finance department, will working closely with the Head of Transactional Processing and play a vital role in supporting the groups operational functions. As our Credit Controller you will be responsible for:
- Full control and management of the groups debtor’s ledger
- Ensure all invoices are raised and collected to agreed payment terms
- Chasing due and overdue debt by telephone, e-mail, and letter within agreed timescales to ensure cash collection targets are met monthly
- Ongoing pursuit of potentially high-risk accounts and situations, escalating when necessary
- Timely cash allocation, reducing unallocated cash position
- Proactively reducing DSO (days sales outstanding) to improve company cash flow
- Negotiate payment plans with customers to recover outstanding debts
- Responsible for monthly statement run and payment reminders
- Reduce debtor’s ledger value
- Manage, supporting and mentoring a passionate team of administrators and provide direction, support and training
The fun facts:
Not only are we offering a circa salary of up to £23,000, you will also be entitled to loads of great benefits such as an annual bonus, incredible discount across all our brands (JD Williams, Simply Be, Jacamo, Figleaves to name a few), healthcare, access to an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on site pop up events, access to sample sales, plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Demonstrable experience of using Oracle is desired but not essential
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Strong experience of using Microsoft office packages daily
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, using both determination and initiative to drive results
- Approachable, positive attitude, reliable and dedicated to succeeding
So, you want to join us, here’s what you need to do next?
Send in an up to date version of your CV ASAP via the 'Apply for job' tab at the bottom of this page
You must be able to provide proof of Right to Work in the UK (passport or birth certificate)
Not heard of us? Here’s our story
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (surely you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with amazing products, competitive credit options and great customer services.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams/ N Brown.