Within our award-winning Finance department, we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Credit Control Team Member to join our team.
Things you should know:
As our Credit Control Team Member, based within our Transactional department here at N Brown, you will play an integral part of the central finance community in supporting the Groups operational functions. Your duties will cover but not be limited too:
- Raising sales invoices in a timely manner and issuing credit notes
- Ensure daily incoming payments are posted to correct customer accounts and allocated
- Unidentified Bank transactions are investigated and resolved, keeping unallocated cash and suspense account transactions to a minimum
- Ensure that debts are paid within the agreed payment terms
- Dealing with internal & external queries via email and telephone
- Allocating cash postings and clearing accounts in preparation for month end
- Prepare and issue monthly statements for customers to encourage payment
- Assisting with month end close procedures
- Management and reporting of aged debtor balances
- Raise any concerns on debt with the relevant internal operational teams
- Timely escalation of all matters which may compromise day to day objectives
The fun facts:
Not only are we offering a circa salary of up to £20,000, you will also be entitled to loads of great benefits such as an annual bonus, incredible discount across all our brands (JD Williams, Simply Be, Jacamo, Figleaves to name a few), healthcare, access to an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on site pop up events, access to sample sales, plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Strong ability to multi task
- Experience within a similar/ office-based role
- Inquisitive and problem-solving skills
- Great time management. You must have an intermediate standard of IT proficiency and basic Microsoft Excel skills,
- Able to demonstrate strong numeracy skills
- Excellent IT skills with proficient use of MS programme
- Highly organised and proactive attitude
- Great team player willing to continually strive to deliver
So, you want to join us, here’s what you need to do next?
Send in an up to date version of your CV ASAP via the 'Apply for job' tab at the bottom of this page
You must be able to provide proof of Right to Work in the UK (passport or birth certificate)
Not heard of us? Here’s our story
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (surely you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with amazing products, competitive credit options and great customer services.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams/ N Brown.