Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Support Services, at our Shaw Distribution Centre for an experienced, passionate, time-served Mechanical Engineer to join our Maintenance department. The shift pattern will be a continental shift, covering site requirements for a 24/7 operation (Average of 42 hours per week). It's important to note that you might be required to cover all shifts for holidays and sickness.
The main aim of the role is to ensure that all Plant and Equipment are 100% available for production, and to carry out planned preventative maintenance.
In addition to this, you will also:
- Respond to breakdowns in a safe and timely manner
- Complete the service of Plant and Equipment as and when available
- Work as part of a flexible maintenance team on the continental shift pattern
- Communicate effectively with production to ensure time action with regard to breakdowns and repairs
- Work within the maintenance team on improvements and projects
- Mentor and lead the apprentices, ensuring they work safely, and assist them in achieving their required objectives
- Assist the Team Leader/ Assistant Team Leader with other ad-hoc activities as and when needed
- Regularly look to promote continuous improvements and change through own initiatives
- The Applicant may be required to undertake work at other sites within the group
What we're looking for:
- The suitable candidate will have had several years of experience in an engineering role involving automated equipment
- Will have completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and be qualified to City and Guild standard
- BTEC ONC/HNC/HND level of education is desirable with a specialisation in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Engineering
- You will truly value and have passion for why we are here; to provide a 1st class support in a heavily automated environment to operations
- You will need to offer a high level of flexibility, a can-do attitude and be able to work well on your own as well as being a true team player, always willing to help others
- You need to be computer literate, and be able to demonstrate good fault finding skills on both PLC systems and conventional electrical and mechanical installations.
If you believe that you have what it takes to be in a role like this, we want to hear from you! Along with a competitive alary you will also receive overtime and qualify for N Brown's bonus scheme, access excellent pension benefits and receive annual service days with up to 7 additional days (after qualifying period).
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown