Are you looking for an organisation where you have the freedom and autonomy to positively challenge the status quo?
Keen to take up the challenge of supporting a world-class cloud-based infrastructure?
Do you want to work for an industry-leading organisation, playing a pivotal role in delivering digital experiences that customers love?
Yes, yes and yes?
We want to hear from you!
Our Technology team are looking for an experienced IT Environment Manager to ensure the Production & Non-Production Environments (Development, QA, SIT and Pre-Prod Environments) are properly understood, managed (governed & coordinated) and fit for use by the relevant delivery squads.
We are in an exciting phase of change; along with the rest of the world, we’re embarking on a hugely impactful digital journey, both for our people and our customers. What’s great is that this position will develop the environment management capabilities in line with N Brown’s move to an Agile / DevOps way of working improving automation within the environments.
In this role, you’ll join a team of passionate, driven Platform experts working on some highly visible, large-scale projects and platforms working with a wide range of business and technology stakeholders. You’ll have a good track-record of experience working in a similar role within a complex, large-scale environment with a passion for all things cloud and AWS.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, document and socialise current Demand Management process of allocating environments in an efficient way, ensuring there is appropriate capacity and availability to support projects, operational testing, development and maintenance activities
- Ensure the environments are monitored ensuring the health of the environment is maintained and ready for its intended use
- Track all releases, upgrades and changes to the development and test environments in relation to environment management practices
- Take ownership of environmental defects ensuring these are logged and managed through to a successful resolution.
- Ensure the environment remains efficient and effective, reusing or decommission of environments when testing has been completed
- Coordinate test environment configuration, deployment and provide support for test activities required to provide a stable test platform
- Develop and document process to track environments required for squad delivery including the creation of short-term plans to deliver environments to support sprint-based development
- Coordinate activities to automate the setup and configuration of test environments with a goal to move test environment activities toward a goal of 100% automation
- Input into the analysis and on-going development of the performance management and monitoring tools used across environments to provide clear business and efficiency benefits
What experience we want to see:
- A proven track-record of experience in deploying, architecting and implementing environments as a Technical Project Manager or Senior DevOps professional
- An understanding of the scale and complexity of an enterprise level organisation, ideally within an agile / squad environment
- Hands on experience with the following tech:
- Platforms – AWS, Mainframe, Websphere, CMS40, ZCloud
- OS – Linux, Windows
- Application - Tomcat/Apache, Java, Hybris, Puppet
- Scripting - Perl, Python, Bash, Ruby
- Database - Oracle, DB2, Oracle RDS, Dynamo DB, My SQL
Outside of this, we place emphasis on people who: -
- Come to work every day with a big smile and be prepared to have fun and laugh in a high performing, collaborative environment
- Can use their energy, passion and ambition to motivate not only your people but the wider technology team to strive for the very best
- Can keep it real, both from a people and technology perspective; you’ll respect and appreciate legacy systems and processes, seeing it as an opportunity to grow, not a challenge
What’s in it for you?
- We offer a range of flexible working options with the latest technology to support
- You play a critical part in this digital journey from its early stages – the potential to own and impact change is endless!
- Work in an environment where failing fast is encouraged; we love experimenting and trying new things!
If this sounds like you, please apply below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Meg Manjunath, our Digital Talent Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org.